Thursday 18 May 2023

The Siege 1998 by AverageMansReviews

The Siege 1998 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful/racism/terrorism/shooting/kamikaze/medical

We are under siege: in a nutshell FBI Assistant Special Agent Anthony "Hub" Hubbard [Denzel Washington:] is in charge to find out who these individuals are and to stop these terrorist attacks on US soil. CIA Operative Elise Kraft/another name [Annette Bening:] works for the CIA and isn't exactly forthcoming with Intel, that is as much information I can leave here.

The framework and pacing of this 116 minutes film is like the rest of this project to be honest, it is something safe and reliable, it knows what it is doing and it sticks to the plan.

Action: there is a standard acts of terrorism and action in this film [this is where I should really say I really can't say more than that really, in this case just based on that is what there is.]

Character developments and performances: so on both counts they follow their character types. Now it is time for me to put a little bit of substance in this content, usually I wouldn't criticise this; but Bruce Willis as General William Devereaux: he is a serving General, he doesn't say much but when he speaks he speaks with purpose. But the reason why I bring this up is because I have no idea why Bruce Willis won a negative award for this performance in Razzie [shared with Armageddon 1998 as Harry S. Stamper and Mercury Rising 1998 as Art Jeffries] and what I can remember generally speaking of all three of these performances on average they were good. I mean as it goes for this film right here, I don't know what they expected from him, he is a hard-nosed character as I have already indicated, I am not saying he should win an Oscar for this, but likewise there is comfortably enough here for him not to receive a negative for this project also like the other two films; if you needed proof I have seen the other two films here you go Armageddon 1998 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2021/03/armageddon-1998-by-averagemansreviews.html and Mercury Rising 1998 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2019/10/mercury-rising-1998-by.html . In fact he goes on  wins an award as well for this performance; Blockbuster Entertainment Award 1999 Favourite Supporting Actor - suspense Bruce Willis.

This film receives: 5/10, this film is mixed; it does everything it is designed to do, but if you want to see a film with these performers in it including Lance Reddick FBI Agent Floyd Rose; a good agent at his job, we don't get to see too much of this character but I had to put something here. This film has some awards accredited to its name as I have already shown not all positive; 2 Winners I have already documented so moving on the Nominees; which there are 4 from the same Blockbuster Entertainment Awards 1999 Favourite Supporting Actor - suspense Denzel Washington and Favourite Supporting Actress - suspense Annette Bening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment