Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Nixon 1995 by AverageMansReviews

Nixon 1995 by AverageMansReviews


Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/drugs/war imagery/hysterical imagery/child abuse/religion/rainbow community elements/medical/references to racism and there will be some censored adult language references in this content.

Well I knew he was a complete Richard: briefly; we meet Richard "Dick" M. Nixon [Youngest to Oldest: Baby: Unknown/Corey Carrier/David Barry Gray/Anthony Hopkins:] goes on to be the 37th President of the United States of America and his wife; Pat Nixon [Younger: Julie Condra Douglas/Julie Condra sane person just going under different names/Older: Joan Allen:] she goes on to be the First Lady of the United States of America alongside her husband.

Generally speaking: where to be completely honest when I say how this film and its outlay has been put together as it relates to the script, character development [including exposition which includes but not limited to news reports by voice-overs] and its complete framework and pacing is dog manure, there was no nice way of putting it so I may as well have just came out with it; it is really dog manure, which I hated it on every single level, because it does this film a great disservice and no justice whatsoever; this film roughly go on for roughly 192 minutes... yes I did just say 192 minutes long, which on one hand in theory is no problem, but back in reality it is a problem based on how this film and its framework and outlay has actually been laid out; for the vast majority of this movie until I would feel comfortable suggesting roughly around the final quarter this film doesn't actually settle down in the slightest; so you will continuously move backwards and forwards in time, including time jumps and placed jumps, President Nixon/Hopkins mental imagery recall [which in an isolated outlay is firstly by far the better way of doing things with black-and-white;] but as a contribution element/component it sucks... no it really does suck! There was no sense of cohesiveness or flow or vague sense [meaning I am guessing here; where a logical guess that means I could be wrong; if you knew US history I guess you would know what was happening, but if you are like me that at the very broad and basic sense of US history or less; you are going to get completely either lost or confused or completely washed over with too much information.]

I mean after some time I just couldn't care less, because you can't really settle down with this film, so when we first started watching this film I fell asleep and on top of that we watched it in two sittings; I have been doing this kind of thing for a long time now, so trust me when I say; this is my new number 1, for worst constructive/outlay films I have ever seen in my life and you can bet on your last dollar that this does very much effect the rest of the movie in its entirety.

Art and action; the set designs, wardrobe, accessories and making Anthony Hopkins into Nixon is all fantastic work and when we have a comfortable amount of time to enjoy it this all; it can be all good and of a very high quality/calibre and for the action; I say this because I just have to fill out this part of this content; you will see action taken in war.

Character developments, performances and voice performances elements; well what do you want me to say; based on what I have said about the outlay of this movie; it is nearly to impossible to settle down with these characters until roughly around the final quarter, because even though we have mental imagery, we don't have so much moving around so they can start to get a grip on these characters; it has to be said getting to know the Anthony Hopkins version of Nixon or/and President Nixon can be such an arduous task; and this had nothing to do with Anthony Hopkins in the slightest, because you will get fed up of things getting in the way or taken away from seeing more or learning more; so from me the entire cast puts it in a good shift to make this film work and should be incredibly proud of what they achieved here; but Anthony Hopkins and/or Joan Allen do a fantastic job individually or together bring this husband-and-wife to life as the First Lady; Allen shows that the First Lady had to be strong to put up with her husband, even though he still got his own way, but at the very least she would put up a verbal fight; but I can't stress this enough without these two performers even know where given positive praise to the cast; this film would have may as well not been green lit into production without these two being a spear heads front and centre.

This film receives: 5/10, this film is mixed; now I am not saying you shouldn't see this film, but I am not telling you to watch this film either, but what I am saying is to watch a film like this in the first place you have to be dedicated to watch it. There is an ongoing sequence underneath the ending credits and some extra bits and pieces as well and finally; yes this film does have some awards accredited to its name such as 11 Winners which include but not limited to Boston Society of Film Critics Awards 1995 BSFC Award Best Supporting Actress Joan Allen and Political Film Society, USA 1996 PFS Award Exposé. 18 Nominees which also includes but not limited to Academy Awards, USA 1996 Oscar Best Actor in a Leading Role Anthony Hopkins, from the same award ceremony/event Oscar Best Actress in a Supporting Role Joan Allen [altogether this film has 4 Oscar Nominations to its name] and Actor Awards 1996 Outstanding Performance by a Cast Joan Allen Brian Bedford Powers Boothe Kevin Dunn Fyvush Finkel Annabeth Gish Tony Goldwyn Larry Hagman Ed Harris Edward Herrmann Anthony Hopkins Bob Hoskins Madeline Kahn E.G. Marshall David Paymer David Hyde Pierce Paul Sorvino Mary Steen burgen J.T. Walsh James Woods

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment