Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Deception 2008 by AverageMansReviews

Deception 2008 by AverageMansReviews


Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/drugs/transformation/shooting/medical

This is a hot steaming pile of garbage: briefly; we meet Jonathan McQuarry/another character [Ewan McGregor:] he is an accountant that deals with audits, by his own confession he is watching his life pass him by, that is until he meets Wyatt Bose/other characters [Hugh Jackman:] he is a lawyer at this firm, they become friends and things slowly escalating from there.

Generally speaking: the storyline/script is by far the worst storyline/script that has ever been written; because it is one of the rare occasions where it doesn't matter what I put in the plot section of this content, because it goes from this to something else, something else to something else and I think there is more more something else [I lost count to be honest.] So as it relates to the framework and pacing of this 108 minutes film it is god-awful, for an example for roughly the first 42 minutes not much really happens other than without giving too much away an accidental apparently mobile telephone switch and disappearance

Art and action; I'm just filling out this bit of this content with the following... there isn't anything of substance to talk about here and for the action we have some computer stuff with usage of shooting.

Character developments, performances and voice performances; well as you can probably guess if the junction with the storyline/script, the framework and pacing, the character developments, performances and voice performances; I completely lost interest in them, how can I put this nicely?... It was very much a case of... let's just get through this project... shall we. Don't get me wrong they are on all counts serveable, if you like a paint by numbers are what they are meant to be at that specific time in the movie, but for me on the whole I am not buying what they are selling.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; this film is completely missable, I have no idea how this movie got given the green light to go into production, but somehow this film does have some positive awards accredited to its name, so what the hell do I know?: 2 Winners; Direct Monthly Online Film Festival 2020 DMOFF Award Best Trailer Vianlix Mestey and Europe Film Festival U.K. (EFFUK) 2021 Europe Film January Award Short- Best Trailer Vianlix Mestey. 1 Nominee Best Director Award 2021 April Award Best Director Indie Short Film Vianlix Mestey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment