Duplicity 2009 by AverageMansReviews
Review Time
Warning:
there is flashing effects/colourful effects/domestic double
standards/references to drugs and yes there may be some censored adult language
references in this content.
Avoid this film like the plague: briefly/summary; we have these two individuals that
sometimes worked together on this job; they are trying to pull this con job Ray
Koval/other characters and Claire Stenwick/other characters [Clive Owen and
Julia Roberts:] they have an awkward relationship and arrangement.
Generally speaking: the storyline/script, exposition character
developments, framework and pacing of this 125 minutes film is a hot steaming
pile of manure; we have massive time jumps so instantly you can forget having
any kind of momentum or cohesiveness on any level which I will be completely
honest with you I can only last the first 40 minutes, before I was checking on
how much of this film we had left to watch; I was doing a celebration with the
knowledge that we were a roundabout the 50 minute mark towards the end, this
film also does something really quite annoying; it does these small sometimes
shrinking rectangle or squares or whatever to try and create an element mystery
or/and sophistication and in my opinion it achieves none of it other than to
wind me up, what is the point of asking me about the pacing? Because like to
referenced earlier this film has no cohesiveness due to the fact that we are
moving all over the place and it moves slow and steady anyway, I think it has
more to do with the fact why settle down when we are just going to be lifted up
and put somewhere else?
Action;
Roberts' character at the time is trying to pass on this information without
getting caught or found out
Character
developments and performances; the vast majority of the cast are the standard
character types for this type of project and their performances reflect those
character types to a solid standard. But Roberts and Owens; be it the character
developments or/and performances suck; I mean if you have been doing my content
long enough; you should know by now; I have a strong disdain for double
standards, so when you have Roberts' character sleeping with someone [Owens
character way at the beginning to get the job done back then; that is seemingly
okay] but when Owens' character does it; it is not okay, furthermore it is okay
for Roberts' character to screw with Owens' character's head, but when Owens'
character does it; it is not okay and on top of the exposition character
developments, framework and pacing as I have already alluded to; this pairing
is just insufferable, be it the framework and pacing or the exposition
character developments or other I just don't care; they have 0 chemistry
throughout this film.
This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; I completely lost interest in it and the person I watch some others contend with briefly fell asleep twice, this film is just a complete waste of time, as I have already shown insufferably boring and infuriating, it has little bits and pieces before the closing credits, yet somehow this film also has some awards accredited to its name such as a Winner ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards 2010 SCAP Award Top Box Office Films James Newton Howard Shared with: Confessions of a Shopaholic and 4 Nominees which include but not limited to Casting Society (CSA) 2009 Artios Award Outstanding Achievement in Casting - Big Budget Feature - Drama Ellen Chenoweth
No comments:
Post a Comment