Friday 9 August 2024

Borderlands 2024 by AverageMansReviews

Borderlands 2024 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/shooting/breaking/animal cruelty/animal feeding/electrocution/torture/disintegrating/kamikaze/bodily functions

Generally speaking: the script, framework and pacing is of this 102 minutes film is predominantly best describe as tedious; as you will see throughout this content or/and you will get the sense of yes it is as bad as everyone is saying it is, but it does get consistently better much later on all things, minus the comedy they just use it less a lot less so in a strange way that is by definition better in a strange way and when they do use it later on; just covering my back it is palatable; briefly;  Lilith [Cate Blanchett:] she is this bounty hunter that it gets given this contract by Atlas [Edgar Ramírez:] he owns Atlas Corporation and he wants this individual now know as Tiny Tina [Ariana Greenblatt:] she is a very valuable individual that likes exploding bunny rabbit teddy bears.

Comedy, Art and Action; this film isn't actually that comical, I mean I think I only may be laughed once and that is when broadly speaking we have these selection of characters going through this location and let's just say the window of this vehicle has to be up throughout this location for a particular reason and we have the analysis aspect, but putting that to one side; it is only much later on when this project is more palatable/likeable and when I say likeable I mean this jarring effect of stupidity, you see that is why as I will discuss later this film gave me a headache, because when it pulls away from being full on with annoying stupidity in one way or another it can be a solid standard film and trust me when I say being standard film for this genre is much better than being a stupid film; like later on we have this massive sequence of events that in its entirety looks good, I know; I know if you look close or closer bits of it looks good but also tacky and but without giving too much away, but enough to indicate my reference flying parts and this section of the project just before and after is consistently good.

Character developments, performances and voice performers; well first off if this was what they were going for they hit it on all counts, but secondly if you know nothing about these characters, yes we get told about their backgrounds when it is appropriate to do so, but other than that we are on our own and for me personally the performances are a very paint by numbers that kind of thing.

This film receives: 4/10, this film is mixed; to be brutally honest it has taken me less than a day to knock off some marks, this is one of those films that really gave me a headache, because at the beginning and for a heavy amount of this film, where I and the individual I watched some of this content with either for myself struggled to keep awake or fall asleep as it relates to the other individual, it really does run itself as a videogame franchise movie adaption which I know; I know this is what it is. But if you are old enough and have been interested in this genre of films, you would understand that this genre of films is generally speaking a very hit and miss. I know nothing about this franchise, so it has been designed with the idea that you already know this franchise, which is somewhat lazy and dangerous; dangerous because you are not catering for more of a viewing audience meaning to be fair a casual gamer or someone that has gaming experience and in the world of cinema or anywhere that requires seeking really are; butts make money. There is one extra little bit at the beginning of the ending credits. But I do know films/TV programs and this is just a mess. The only reason it doesn't get anything unless there is because it slows down on the negatives as I have previously stated. This film also has some awards accredited to its name such as so far to date meaning as things stand when this content goes out; 1 Winner Golden Trailer Awards Golden Trailer Awards 2024 Golden Trailer Best Motion/Title Graphics. 2 Nominees from the same ceremony/event from earlier Golden Trailer Best Fantasy Adventure and The Queerties 2024 Queerty Next Big Thing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment