Saturday 13 January 2024

Darby Allin & Sting [with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair] vs. The Don Callis Family's: "The Alpha" Konosuke Takeshita & Powerhouse Hobbs [with Don Callis:] Tornado Tag Team Match from AEW: Dynamite Homecoming 10/01/2024 by AverageMansReviews

Darby Allin & Sting [with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair] vs. The Don Callis Family's: "The Alpha" Konosuke Takeshita & Powerhouse Hobbs [with Don Callis:] Tornado Tag Team Match from AEW: Dynamite Homecoming 10/01/2024 by AverageMansReviews

Related content: Tony Khan on social media again in 2024 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2024/01/aews-tony-khan-on-social-media-again-in.html

Warning/Disclaimers: at one point or another there will be softer censored adult language references. Disclaimers I have never been likely to be a professional wrestler and as of this content I have not seen this match/match slot in full, but I have seen what I have seen on social media, so by that pretty much guess where this is going and at one point I will be making reference to a controversial figure in wrestling.

So Tony Khan what do you want me to say?: Lets press the rewind button a little; the reason why I have connected the previous content to this one; is simply because on one hand in this previous content, I get why TK is disgruntled and just for the record towards the end this content I am paraphrasing here I do say something to the effect of not to listen to people on social media.

But moving onto this content; seriously what do you want me to fudgin' say? Here is a basic description of what I'm talking about if you haven't seen it already; Hobbs and Takeshita perform this pendulum type of throw; where one of them takes Allin's arms whilst the other takes his feet and they swing him as described like a pendulum and then we have a release with Allin going high up rolling in the air and crashed landing, on closer look he looks to hits clearly whiplash on the bottom turnbuckle rope obviously hard [and yes it is beside the point that he completed this match/match slot.]

So obviously I have questions; how was this spot meant to be safe or as safe as possible? Someone obviously put too much power into it somewhere. Regardless at best Allin took an unnecessary bump at this time; I know Allin also has a lot of experience with not only being in wrestler but also a skateboarder, hence why he can do the wrestling style he does. But considering AEW Revolution is only a short time away Sunday 03/03/2024 and he is going to be an important part of Sting's Retirement Match; basically a Tag Match against The Young Bucks: Matt & Nick Jackson.

Now obviously apart from the unnecessary bump, what I also find incredibly frustrating/unwise is one week we have the alleged scandal of Chris Jericho, next TK losing his rag again on social media last week and this week we have this unnecessary bump; which I can't disagree mature criticism, what is it next the hiring of Patrick Clark Jr? I mean I like AEW, but even with my brain damage I can tell that this unnecessary bump will be fuelling criticism, I know TK and others shouldn't be paying attention to online, but I am specifically talking about avoiding or bringing more to AEW's front door.

I mean here is  a crazy idea; how about instead of being on social media and somehow this spot getting put in this match/match slot; AEW actually tried to keep the nose clean as best they can without something unforeseen happening and actually go back to what they were doing which was allowing the wrestling to speak for them? I know that sounds like a crazy idea; but then again you are a professional wrestling promotion, so let's give it a go shell we? I mean the only slight like a pinch of salt good thing about this spot is the fact that Sting didn't take this unnecessary bump and for Allin [as of this content is only 31 years old;] if he would like to make it to at minimum his 40's and still able to walk letter-known wrestle, I suggest we think twice about doing spots that have a very low chance of success, I mean I am still sitting here trying to work out how it was meant to work out in theory? I mean speculation here; maybe he was meant to spin round in mid air and somehow landed on his feet? I know, I know that still wouldn't have worked out [for those that have seen this spot.] I just don't like the idea of as I have repeatedly said this unnecessary sport being in this match/match slot/outlay for no logical reason.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment