Monday 9 October 2023

Wasted: Trick Williams First-Ever Championship Run in NXT with the NXT North American Championship Lasting 30/09/2023-03/10/2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Wasted: Trick Williams First-Ever Championship Run in NXT with the NXT North American Championship Lasting 30/09/2023-03/10/2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Related content: Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: WWE Releases 21/09/2023 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/09/reactionary-to-wrestling-news-of-wwe_23.html and then Wasted: Mustafa Ali in WWE Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/09/wasted-mustafa-ali-in-wwe-by.html

This is slightly awkward: because on one hand the hierarchy of the NXT brand had no idea about Mustafa Ali release a little while ago so they had to work quick to remedy that. But on the other hand everything after remedying the situation is completely on their doorstep. Yes I chose to start where this entire situation began, because at minimum it shows that I have knowledge how we got here to a certain extent hence why I put linked the related content.

However I am protective over: young wrestlers that are in this case 29 years old, when this content was first created, for them to essentially become a transitional champion for no good reason. So let's take this very quickly and very briefly step by step; Ali unfortunately gets released, you have to put a new contender in for the NXT North American Championship Dominik Mysterio at NXT No Mercy 2023, for some baffling reason [later on in this content I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling where this is going and I just don't like it, as I have already said I will explain this later.] Williams is victorious and your new NXT North American Champion, everything looks neat and tidy we have some new blood getting his first opportunity to carry a championship and Mysterio and the rest of The Judgement Day can go back to the main roster; it seems like to me a nice ribbon has been tied end of story.

But wait; we didn't get that did we instead we got a rematch on WWE NXT on Tuesday 03/10/2023 and yes in one way or another I have seen I am going to cover my back here and say 99% of this match/match slot where without giving too much away it goes precisely how you expected to go. So that was a waste of time and energy, I really don't like it; when this promotion berries young talent and yes Dominik Mysterio I know is 26 years old likewise when this content was first created, but as far as I'm aware Williams doesn't have the same let's just say lineage as Dominik Mysterio so Williams cannot afford to take this kind of hit so early on in his career.

Once again just to cover my back; if there are some people outside of the wrestling bubble reading this; believing I am being if anything racial, it has nothing to do with racism, if anything those within the wrestling bubble know there is a ring of truth to what I am saying and I am just talking about wrestling.

But I digress; Williams is of what I've seen which is very little is over with the crowd with or without Carmelo Hayes in his own right so it annoys me that the NXT hierarchy would try to essentially squash that organic connection, but we all know that is precisely what the WWE or/and seemingly NXT like to do. I mean they could have even got anyone to take this hit, I mean I don't know if Cameron Grimes is doing anything these days other than being in the main/SmackDown roster catering and on some research he has been an NXT North American Champion, so he has a reason or/and an invested reason for potentially picking up the championship again briefly I don't care if this highlights that Mysterio can't do anything on his own, I would as I have just name dropped someone else to take the hit over Williams, someone that isn't being used consistently and save his first ever championship run for another time, so we can build a new talent properly and see how in this case the blossoms with his opportunity.

I hope I am wrong: now like I said earlier I would talk about something later and later is now. Whilst I was watching the match slot of this match it was made reference to on commentary that Williams told Hayes that I am paraphrasing/in a nutshell here; that he was grateful for the backing, but he wanted to do this on his own. Unfortunately my wrestling sense is tingling; where I can see this very lucrative double act being split-up in the long-running which as far as I am concerned is so stupid; Because they have now gotten these two wrestlers to the point where on the main roster they are just money. Because regardless of either way Hayes can talk, Williams can talk, Hayes can back it up, Williams can back it up, either way if they had to back up each other or a tag team, they are now a credible duo; that the possibilities are endless as things stand.

I fear that we will now get potentially months of Hayes taking shots at William that he couldn't hold on to his championship for less than a week and that kind of animosity to build up [for some examples; it will probably being getting used that Hayes and Williams are both 29 and see what Hayes has achieved compared to Williams in NXT, consequently if he had listened to him he would still be NXT North American Champion now] eventually Williams will turn heel [or if I don’t get this completely right it will be somewhere from this ballpark at minimum] and go from the angle of you wouldn't be anything without me backing you up that kind of script; Which if this is the case eventually at some point down the line, but soon this is going to drive me nuts as without being arrogant the other road which hasn't been taken as I have just outlined seems more, so much more eventually fruitful for everyone concerned in this duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment