Sunday 6 August 2023

Recommendation of: WWE SummerSlam 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Recommendation of: WWE SummerSlam 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Warning/Disclaimer/Blood, spitting and biting warning/Heavy warning I will be doing some hard talking in this content which will include names which some that will be offensive to at least someone out there in Internet land: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/blood warning/spitting warning/adult language reference warning. Disclaimer I have never likely to be a professional wrestler, I already know some of the results and finally keeping in mind what I have dictated in black and underlined.

Start of this Premium Live Event: Michael Cole makes reference to; we have 4 Main Events, firstly this is stupid because essentially that would be half of your card and think about it we would have more main event if they decided to put on Trish Stratus [with Starks] can't get on this card due to time restraints, yes absolutely I will be making reference to this when I feel it is appropriate to do so.

Ricochet vs. Logan Paul; Singles Match: Cory Graves was a heel commentator in this match slot making references to Logan Paul, his fiancée, Ricochet and the ring announcer [Samantha Irvin - Raw/Ricochet's real-life fiancée.] I thought we got through this kind of garbage when Jerry "The King" Lawler was removed from active commentating, but clearly I was wrong, you know especially with it being 2023 and women should be seen as equals when or if it is right to do so [what I mean by this statement is none of this wokeness, to get ahead or nepotism I don't like too much nepotism being used.] But then again if Stratus [with Starks] vs. Becky Lynch may be times haven't changed so much after all, in fact they could easily be going backwards and finally as it relates to Graves commentary; he makes reference to Logan being on point, for now I am just going to leave that here, because I am not done with the commentary team yet.

If you think I'm clutching at straws, what clinches it for me as this is painful commentary is Michael Cole drops a massive name Hulk Hogan. So I just had one big fudging question when was it acceptable to bring this wrestler's name up again? I mean whilst we are busy going back in time why don't we bring up Donald Trump I mean he has got a clean history of being a model citizen [if you cannot tell I am being sarcastic,] he was the 45th President of the United States of America which was impeached and currently facing many criminal charges or why not Jimmy " Superfly" Snuka [alleged criminal activity] I mean let's go the whole hog and bring up Chris Benoit [extreme criminal activity] and the really sad this thing is minus Benoit they are all currently sitting in the WWE Hall of Fame, yes even Hogan is back in there not once but twice [2005 single and 2020 as a member of the NWO - New World Order] and I know Hogan used an extreme racial slur, but it has no place, especially when babyface or heel gimmicks were founded on togetherness and unity for all of the fan base.

But I digress; let's get back to this match/match slot; Cole missed calls a wrestlers name but corrects himself. Paul performs this back body drop where Ricochet takes this bump on his hip even it gets referenced on commentary by Graves. Logan tries to perform a buckshot lariat from inside to outside [on the rant side of the ring,] it looks sloppy but when you have Graves trying to cover it up on commentary calling it S.T.O, then I guess everything is okay then, some of this match/match slot could have been reduced in time [Logan playing up to people or/and the whole relationships thing could have been limited] and yes even though as you may have guessed by now this opening slot irritated me, I still have to be professional and give it. This match/match slot: 7/10.

Michael Cole makes reference to: the first of four main event

Blood warning: this video package has some blood

Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar; Singles Match: Lesnar performs a sloppy gut wrench suplex, warning Lesnar spits, I have to agree with the people I have heard that this match slot could have done with a defining stipulation, because as it is either give us a defining stipulation or likewise some of this match time could have been reduced [the whole 10 count thing] and finally I have just been reminded of seeing it online  Lesnar has a wardrobe malfunction here as well, but he won't be the only one on this card that has a wardrobe malfunction of sorts This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Becky Lynch video package: the rise of Becky Lynch; whomever came up with this idea to put up this video package deserves to be suspended for a month, now before I receive backlash I want you to keep in mind I have a very good reason for this. Because towards the end of this video package it brings up relatively recent content such as this ongoing feud with Trish Stratus [with Zoe Starks;] you know relatively recent content which was building to this eventual match at this Premium Live Event here, you know the match that we aren't going to see and controversially dropped from this event for time restriction reasons, so my reason for the suspension would be; fudging stupidity.

Slim Jim Summer Slam Battle Royal; 25-Man Battle Royal Match: well this goes as well as you expect it to go really, needless to say if they couldn't get rid of it due to sponsorship and just for the sake of getting names on the card, they could have most definitely reduced it by time, by anywhere really take your pick. This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

The only good thing I can mention without giving too much away is; at least we get a new commercial for Slim Jim's after this; without giving too much away again, this is well worth a watch. Yes I have just realised, I am more interested in the commercial then this battle royal, which tells you everything you need to know really.

Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler; MMA Rules Match: I may not be the biggest Rousey after she keeps disrespecting the wrestling business and now I don't care in what way she doesn't, be it kayfabe or not. But in this case you have to feel sorry for both of these competitors as for most parts; this crowd just didn't give a fudge about this match slot whatsoever, to the point where you know it is going bad that you can hear one person in the crowd going boring and then booing. Yes the crowd warmed up to it in the final stretch, but that was about it. Warning there is some biting at some point, this is just one of those occasions where, an outsider of wrestling stipulation, clearly didn't translate to well. Full disclosure I was going to give this match/match slot something a little bit higher, but on reflection it just felt too much of a stretch, I mean in hindsight, maybe they should have gone for a first blood match or last standing match, or a I quit match something that the viewing audiences can relate to. This match/match slot receives would wear: 5/10.

Drew McIntyre vs. Champ Imperium's Walter [with Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci;] Singles Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: warning there is some spitting from Walter, as usual this match/match slot was a very hard-hitting a fair, but for here and now this feud between these two, Sheamus and surrounding wrestlers/characters has run its course for now. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The Judgement Day's Finn Bálor vs. Champ Seth Rollins; Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: blood warning there is some blood at some point here; likewise to the previous match/match slot this was solidly good. But likewise it does feel like it is slowly but surely run its course in this combination. I mean without trying to give too much away again, I know it is going to continue in some fashion, but now it would be a good time to switch things up a little and yes they could have reduced this match outlay, as it is a standard outlay for what they wanted to achieve in it, they could have easily just shortened it a little. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Charlotte Flair vs. Bianca Belair vs. Champ Asuka; Triple Threat Match for the WWE Women's Championship: Flair seems to have a slight wardrobe issue as she gets her hand from the referee [Jessika Carr] as the camera focuses briefly on the other two competitors. Then a moment or two later Flair is clearly not trying to hide talking to Asuka or both of them asking if she is okay and possibly directing the next spot [I should point out I could be wrong as in I could make out the first part but not the entirety of this dialogue exchange; but to give you something to look out for Flair her knees next to Asuka which is face up and Belair is face down.] Then a moment later the referee and Flair have a brief back and forth, which the referee briefly looks at the other two competitors as well when everyone is on the mat. After Belair performs a DDT and neck breaker combination on her two competitors, we can clearly see Flair possibly calling the next spot or something, all I know is she is saying something. So even though I am dictating this and watching it as things happen, even I have to ask what the hell is going on? Because I know wrestlers communicate to one another including in this case the referee, but usually it is much better hidden then this. Yet again Flair in the Asuka Lock, she clearly calls out direction for the next part.

Flair then performs a moonsalt to the outside of the ring nearest the ramp onto Belair and to be honest she just about catches her with the top half of her body, it is one of those moments in time where you think hold on something is going to go wrong here and then at the last moment it goes okay as Belair takes  the hit. I honestly don't know what is happening here, because a moment or two later Asuka goes up to the top back on the one which Flair has just used. But this time it is going into the ring where Asuka performs this I'm guessing version of a DDT onto Flair and from both wrestlers it just looks sloppy.

Speculation I will repeat that there is speculation on my part; Belair takes bump/Flair puts over nearby the top turnbuckle I keep making reference to/fall outside of the ring the referee puts up her hands [this is where the speculation comes into effect where I see her making a signal with her wrists because they are out of the camera shot] and I believe she makes this signal that no one wants to see the X [this in wrestling circle is known as; basically this is real, this is not a part of the show this individual is at minimum is injured and can't continue, I should also point out that sounds that Belair was making pretty much tells you fudge she is fudged] and support my mindset we have the commentary team being sensible and what really clinches my mindset is unfortunately we see personnel running down to the ring as this match is continuing inside. Whatever the case may be I would like to send my best wishes to Bianca Belair on a speedy recovery, yes I am not a doctor or medical professional, but when you have a wrestler making those sounds and the dreaded X being shown you know at minimum it is good.

Now to be fair Cole and Graves tried to blur the lines between reality and kayfabe so if or when you want to watch this wrestling event gives them a little break here as Cory for an example makes reference to it being a one-on-one contest here and someone has probably told him that Belair is out of this match. I don't know if I have said this already [obviously I know] but what the hell is going on here? Belair comes back into the match warning Asuka spits. What do you want me to say about this match slot? It has been a messy affair; I don't know what if anything went wrong? I mean I can't even put it down to time restrictions because roughly speaking this match got 21 minutes, which based on my viewing experience you could have easily knocked off 6 minutes [Additional: on watching someone else's content I have been reassured that this injury angle was a work and as I specified earlier I didn't see the X hand gesture.] This match/match slot receives: 5/10.

Damage CTRL's Iyo Sky [with Bayley] Cash-In her Money in the Bank contract vs. the current WWE Women's Championship: in short this match/match slot receives: 7/10.

The Uso's Jey Uso vs. The Bloodline's Champ Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Tribal Combat for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship and recognition of Tribal Chief: Uso uses Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson spit punch combination warning spitting, including Graves making reference to the family tree. Now we even have Cole making reference Johnson; where he says know your role. Much later on in this match on the outside, we have a very loud and comical fan, letting his feelings known about the ongoing situation with this whole generalisation: of how dare you, get up Jey and Jey go listen to Roman. This match slot went on for roughly 36 minutes, so they could have easily knocked off, maybe 10 minutes I have to be honest, I'm getting tired of This Bloodline thing, but having said that. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 7/10, just based on the average or the rough average of these matches/match slot. I have a number of things I would like to cover before wrapping things up. The first thing is; yes they could have put on Lynch vs. Stratus [with Starks] very easily, if they really wanted to as I have shown I would very easily just reduce/cut off times from other matches, without giving too much away but enough to make my point, what is the point of giving Reigns 36 minutes in his matches/match slots when they pretty much have followed the same format for a long time now? I mean scratch that when I said I'm getting tired of The Bloodline I am bored, especially when it is not only affecting the males side of things, but quite clearly the women's side of things as well now. Here is a great idea, Lynch vs. Stratus [with Starks;] if you want to stretch it out go for a ladder match with a number one contenders for the WWE Women's Championship or if you want to bring this feud to a conclusion kind of you could always do it for the stipulation of Hell In A Cell Match including why not sticking Starks in a cage so she can't interfere and not forgetting number one contenders stipulation so to make it up two individual legendary wrestlers give them the main event slot of WWE PayBack instead of being on TV in less than two weeks. So one of them can go one to WWE FastLane to take on the WWE Women's Champion at that time.

I'm going to leave things on a pipe bomb [in a wrestling sense,] I wonder if the WWE hierarchy know that in my opinion NXT in their last Premium Live Event of Recommendation of: NXT: The Great American Bash 2023 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2023/08/recommendation-of-nxt-great-american.html did it in comparison much better and this wouldn't be the first time that this has happened, even with one of the worst debuts in modern history of Gable Steveson NXT were still noticeably better than this event.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment