Saturday 8 April 2023

Wasted: Edge vs. The Judgement Day's "The Demon" Finn Bálor; Hell In A Cell Match by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Wasted: Edge vs. The Judgement Day's "The Demon" Finn Bálor; Hell In A Cell Match by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Straight off the bat: there is a number of matches on throughout this weekend, so I just thought I would say I am just doing them in order and yes some of them may have been given a positive mark just based on they did what they were designed to do, but in my defence not a high positive mark, like for an example on this card; Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya & Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green & Sonya Deville; Women's WrestleMania Showcase Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Match

On to here and now: even though I gave this match/match slot 5/10. I really don't like it, I really don't like having established mystical or out there wrestling gimmicks that unnecessarily lose, because eventually it really does take the shine off this kind of gimmicks, I know it does it to any gimmick in wrestling, but especially mystical and strong gimmicks [basically how they are booked and protected, but not in this case,] they could have had a Last Standing Match so they could have got around the pining predicament so he is a little bit predicted and not only that in this case this would be another loss for The Judgement Day over this weekend, yes I know they won when they really needed to, but it is still 2-1 on the scoreboard as far as I'm concerned.

Now the cynical wrestling fan I am would say I should have seen this coming, but in fairness to myself I didn’t know this was happening until this match/match slot, but by then I should have seen it coming, but I digress; just based on the grounds of essentially the surrounding plugging and advertising basically anything to do with Russell Crowe's latest film The Pope's Exorcist Russell Crowe as Father Gabriele Amorth and "The Demon" Finn Bálor being a Demon, there was only one outcome really.

I mean let's talk about the actual wrestling it was even with the accidental botch where the referee and medical staff had to intervene in this match because The Demon had gotten split open by a ladder on its side had gotten thrown in his face by Edge. There isn't much to talk about really the high spot is The Demon goes to deliver a Coup de Grâce from the cage with Edge laying on a table, so he delivered it but Edge moves out of the way and off the table, so The Demon takes the hit through the table, but everything else in this kind of backdrop you will see.

But the sad thing is I don't think it is the end of this feud, not just yet may be one more match for WrestleMania Backlash 2023 on one side we have The Judgement Day: Finn Bálor, Damian Priest & Dominik  Mysterio vs. Edge, Bad Bunny & Rey Mysterio; Six-Man Tag Team Match with the WWE SmackDown Women's Champion Rhea Ripley ensuring her faction picks up the W [hence why I didn't put her with the rest of Judgement Day,] I see her doing a Randy Orton and coming out of nowhere that kind of stick. But even if I am partially wrong or completely wrong I am very much fed up of these feuds and unfortunately I can't even blame Mr McMahon for this one, they have well and truly ran a mixture of these feuds into the ground, maybe it; it is about time that The Judgement Day had a dynamic restructuring, where I know they don't have a leader, but maybe because of this record at this year's WrestleMania Ripley wants them to be refocused on being the dominating force they once were, maybe bring in a new female like Dana Brooke. Going from the perspective of a down and out wrestler being seduced by the dark side and maybe she and Ripley could go for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships eventually or/and having Damian Priest going for the WWE United States Championship. As you can see my focus is to re-energise this popular and very useful faction of talented wrestlers, I just don't like to see relatively getting sold down the river when the big matches come.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment