Friday 7 April 2023

Wasted: Asuka vs. Champ Bianca Belair [with The Divas of Compton;] Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Wasted: Asuka vs. Champ Bianca Belair [with The Divas of Compton;] Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Straight off the bat: there is a number of matches on throughout this weekend, so I just thought I would say I am just doing them in order and yes some of them may have been given a positive mark just based on they did what they were designed to do, but in my defence not a high positive mark, like for an example on this card; Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya & Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green & Sonya Deville; Women's WrestleMania Showcase Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Match

On to here and now: so where to start here, how about the fact that I haven't been interested in this reign since SummerSlam 2022 [Becky Lynch vs. Champ Bianca Belair.] Unlike Roman Reigns reign as the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion where in a nutshell I get it, by his character design he is not meant to build up anyone around him. But what is Belair's excuse? I do understand it is also a hierarchy decision as well, but she/they has successfully flattened out Damage CTRL: Bayley, Dakota Kai & Iyo Sky [it looks like I will have to discuss this faction also discuss them at some point in the near future, with the way that things are going all I can say here is I know Bayley is far from happy] and now Asuka takes another hit with her newish gimmick which outside of the WWE was highly respected and feared Kana. I mean the signs were there that the WWE were not going to take a version of this character as Asuka seriously what with having nothing change about her entrance and not forgetting the build up to this match of basically being of what I have seen/heard pitiful, which in hindsight I should have seen coming that they were not going to give Asuka this WrestleMania moment, which is massively disrespectful based on she has not once complained until now.

By saying/indicating the following: "I might as well go back to Japan… But I bet a lot of you guys my friends will miss me when I leave WWE? Now I need the power of your anger. Let's bring chaos to the boring Women's Division with me [poo emoji] Let's bring chaos to the Women's Division, let's bring chaos to the WWE!" [With a pinky red wavy line going over her in one of her pictures.]

I mean yes I gave this match/match slot a lot of consideration at the time and I decided to go with 6/10, it is/was in hindsight a match/match slot that was designed to do what it was designed to do. But the unfortunate fact is Belair's first championship run on the main roster is well and truly becoming a disaster. I mean I have just had a terrible idea the only one I could see beating her is Charlotte Flair and in no way shape or form am I interested in another Flair uneventful championship run any time soon. But the harsh reality is who else have they realistically got now? Banks she's gone, Naomi she's gone, Alexa Bliss, I don't know about her medical recovery from cancer and I haven't got a clue what is going on with her character after Bray Wyatt has vanished. I mean they have even began to tease a unification match with Ripley at some point down the line and if this is the case she will be the last Raw Champion in its current model, so she will just lose to Ripley if or when this happens. But until then we will have to suffer this never/sometimes ending championship run with feeble booking.

I have seen the hash tag #WWEWomenDeserveBetter, yes this is very true but also the younger generation of wrestling fans need to understand about this wrestling promotion is they do things for a publicity stunt such as The Women's Revolution and wait just one minute before I get called a sexist or whatever. I have been around wrestling for a very long time, since the late 1980's and I am just pointing out the truth, I don't like it but the fact remains until the WWE recognises that women if/when built correctly such as Ripley can be seen as a financial draw if given the right material to work with can reach the high levels of Chyna and hopefully surpassing her which it has been many years since we have had someone built in every sense like her, but now we have the opportunity in Ripley to really give her this golden opportunity to maybe take on Theory for the WWE United States Championship or Walter for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

Do you know what I find incredibly infuriating is there is another wrestling place that builds up these female wrestlers into real potential products/wrestlers and it is right in their backyard NXT, so it isn't like they don't know how to do it. I mean if you don't watch NXT or like me watch their Premium Live Events, you can clearly see that compare to the main roster this place is thriving, it has passion, it has excitement. Hell even and I do like this company AEW are slowly, incredibly slowly trying to put more emphasis on their women's roster. I mean I think that is why I give AEW some leniency when I say some I mean a little leniency, not because I like them even though I have a lot of wrestling content to catch up on from this promotion, but I digress; the fact is they don't lie I am not condoning their management of this division which went through a phase of being sleepy/not going anywhere fast. I'm just saying that they don't try to put out a complete false narrative about the woman's revolution, even though as I have already made reference to they are showing signs of making progression in the right direction, so they are very much doing it is hard work and determination.

I would very much like to see Kana in AEW with a AEW/NJP contract, just so that she can spend the rest of her career building something of value instead of being treated in this manner by the WWE.

But in finishing this content, because of  essentially Mr. McMahon’s come back into a position of power, I am now generally concerned about everything, but in this case very much  the women wrestlers, in fact if anything I see them going backwards and not force.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment