Sunday 9 April 2023

Wasted: Cody Rhodes vs. Champ The Bloodline's Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Wasted: Cody Rhodes vs. Champ The Bloodline's Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Straight off the bat: there is a number of matches on throughout this weekend, so I just thought I would say I am just doing them in order and yes some of them may have been given a positive mark just based on they did what they were designed to do, but in my defence not a high positive mark, like for an example on this card; Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya & Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green & Sonya Deville; Women's WrestleMania Showcase Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Match and I am just going to leave this here Wasted: Opportunities Drew McIntyre vs. Champ Roman Reigns; Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at  WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm! Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2022/09/wasted-opportunities-drew-mcintyre-vs.html because let's face it I will be making reference to it at some point or points

On to here and now: I have to be honest I'm going to find it incredibly difficult not to use a softer version of what I actually mean in this content. I don't fudging care about anything to do with the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship, no really I couldn't give two dumplings. I should very quickly point out my perspective is not from an immature perspective, it is coming from the perspective of as I have made reference to when it is appropriate being a long-term follower/fan of wrestling since the late 1980's and I am fed up of the WWF/WWE running a good idea into the ground and yes I know we all wanted long-term booking, which I have absolutely no problem with whatsoever.

However I have two fudging massive problems when this fudging company builds up not one, but two perfectly planned situations one last year and one this year [as you can see] and have the audacity to run the same play not once but twice and expect your fan base/universe not to be slightly urinating off.

I mean I would agree with essentially what Bully Ray has said about it in a nutshell he has indicated that they could be building on to WrestleMania 40; Cody vs. Champ Reigns II and I wouldn't have minded that, but as I have already said why oh why did they fudging have to run the same play twice? I mean they could have brought back Rikishi to Come out of nowhere, just for freshening up this angle and freshen up and storyline progression, I mean this will be one way to resolve some of the whole situation of keeping the championship on Reigns without receiving some potential negativity as in Yea Rikishi is back but Boo he just cost Rhodes his championship opportunity, which in turn The Bloodline could have signs of international issues, potentially war.

As far as I am concerned and this is genuinely true Roman Reigns may as well come back at WWE Royal Rumble 2024, because it is blindingly obvious now he isn't going to lose it any time soon and just for the record if he does it better be for a massive payoff, I don't think the WWE have really thought this through properly actually I can say that with confidence. The reason why I can say that with confidence is with building things up and not paying them off in essence they are just setting themselves up for downfall, when the payoff has to be so massive just to cover the two false payoffs so far, so at this point you may as well keep stacking up those false payoffs. Because you know those tickets you get when you go to the old-fashioned arcade and you can trade them in to get the equivalent of a prize depending on how many tickets you have won, well so far let me tell you what kind of big payoff I am looking for with the current tickets of expectations you have given your universe:

Rhodes beats Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship [Rhodes can't win it anywhere else this year in 2023, because everyone will be pointing out, why not earlier at WrestleMania]

The Rock at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship

Walter beats Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship [unless Walter is still unfinished with bringing prestige back to the WWE Intercontinental Championship]

Cena beats Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship [if he isn't booked for the United States Championship] and for the younger generation this is more based on record-breaking so there is great value here Ric Flair and John Cena are sat on 16 World Championships each, when this content was first dictated.

Orton beats Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship [this is based around Randy Orton being the legend killer and if he is medically fit by then]

Rollins to beat Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship [simply put it isn't like they haven't got the content/material simply laying here for this to work; such as The Architect can bring down The Tribal Chief, just like he brought down The Shield.]

Breakker beats Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship

Sikoa beats Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 for the Championship [either wins Money In The Bank 2023 or someone runs down with the briefcase and Sikoa cuts them off at the pass, consequently they drop the briefcase and he picks it up and thinks why not? Steps up to the plate and hands in the briefcase, this may seem far-fetched, but is it me or is it either Rhodes or/and Reigns telling Sikoa basically he isn't ready, so maybe by this point in 2024 he may have got fed up of hearing it and just want to prove them wrong.]

So by the look on this list, this is the kind of level of payoff I am looking for and to be fair they have put high expectations by prolonging it so it isn't like I am being unreasonable and yes I have heard other content creators saying and people within the WWE saying that it was in the plans for Reigns. As I have been dictating this I honestly believe that knowing this wrestling promotion as I do, I now see things like this whenever they choose to pull the trigger on reigns dropping the championship they have set themselves up to fail, which is unfortunate for anyone outside of my suggestions, I only have one pleasant thing to say about this; fool me once WWE shame on me, for me twice shame on you WWE.

Full disclosure: yes I did give this match/match slot 6/10 this was down to Michael Cole and when Corey Graves isn't being heel, they made it feel like a big match, but I should also point out on both times they have pulled this same outcome the mark is decreasing, My point being here is every time they build something up/someone up to the level that they did at the Castle last year and here, they are slowly getting diminished returns and if it happens the next time minus WrestleMania I won't believe it and even if the champion drops his championship anywhere else other than WrestleMania I am sure I won't be the only one going " You choose here and now to do this when you had not one the two perfect present it opportunities to do it better."

Regardless if you agree or disagree with my thoughts/opinions on this outcome I find it incredibly sad that this all went down in front of Cody's family and friends including AEW's Negative-1 a.k.a. Brodie Lee Jr. [which he got a reference on commentary and so did his father] and obviously minus Goldust a.k.a. AEW's "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes/Dustin Rhodes. Speaking of AEW I disagree with the speculation/opinion that Triple H, did this out of revenge for what Cody did at AEW Double Or Nothing 2019 where he took a sledgehammer to a throne [but on a quick side note I should really say hypothetically if Mr McMahon had booked this; absolutely it is a Mr. McManhon trade for sure and just to make this crystal clear I am sure that this is not the case here,] I am basically giving Triple H the benefit of the doubt here and I know Cody okayed this but in hindsight I am not completely comfortable with invoking the Dream's memory so early on, it just feels really manipulative and uncomfortable, but this is not my choice to make, it was down to the WWE and Cody, I would have felt more comfortable if they referenced Dream later on, actually if they had done this they would have got a little bit more credibility from me for showing a little bit of class, for not going down this road straight away.But as things are; you know it just doesn't sit too well with me, as I have already referenced it just feels really manipulative, when  there was absolutely no need for it, actually it would have made better sense on the second time around to use this material, so you have space and material to grow and to use and just for the record I am not into exploiting people's memories of this legendary icon, but I am simply just talking about storyline progression and if we have to use it the second time would have been the better choice. Because if the general idea is to have a rematch at WrestleMania 40/2024, they will have to go some distance to rebuild this feud and you get anywhere near the atmosphere that they built at this year's WrestleMania And not forgetting they have now built up to impossible championship drops without paying them off, so it is going to be difficult to engage people's interests.

My final thing is this: it should be noted that based on my opinion/opinions NXT: stand & deliver 2023 on average outshone [8/10] WWE Wrestlemania 39/2023: Night 1 and Night 2 [with a combined average of 5/10.]


 

No comments:

Post a Comment