Sunday 19 February 2023

Recommendation of: WWE Eliminations Chamber 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Eliminations Chamber 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Medical warning/Disclaimer/Disclosure: there is flashing/colourful effects throughout. In this event there are some medical elements, disclaimer any opinion I give on this as I am not a medical professional is based on observation only and disclosure I watched most of this live and yes I already know the rest of the results, I didn't go looking for them just it popped up on social media.

Now before we get down to business; I know of the Michael Cole, Ariel Helwani and AEW situation. I have to confess I found this whole situation to be quite boring, I mean I come from the 1980s, through the 1990s and so on and so forth. So my point is this; I come from the era of Eric Bischoff, Mr. McMahon and Paul Heyman and between this trio they played hardball, with one another and now in this second golden generation of wrestling we are reduced to they said that, so we say that and so on and so on. I mean yes I have commented on some of it, because there was substance there but look at what we are reduced to and just to finish off this section does it sound like I am taking sides? No or I am not encouraging anyone, but if you are going to partake in his behaviour could you pick up your game as in aim higher.

Asuka vs. Liv Morgan vs. Nikki Cross vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya vs. Carmella; Elimination Chamber Match for a WWE Raw Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 39: this opening slot was hard-hitting and quick paced with everyone looking better for being in this match, the only negative thing I can point out is Michael Cole on commentary saying a move is a code red twice, but Corey Graves correcting him once with code breaker. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar; Singles Match: this is just another instalment of their rivalry, in short their greatest hits and feud progression. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

Video package of Cody Rhodes return to the WWE and let's put this politely what he has been up to lately: warning medical.

The Grit Couple: Edge & Beth Phoenix vs. The Judgment Day's Finn Bálor & Rhea Ripley [with Dominik Mysterio;] Mixed-Tag Match: without giving too much away but making a valid point; this match/match outlay would have never happened under the old regime with Mr. McMahon in control of creative. Because Phoenix and Ripley are seen as equals. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

Seth Rollins vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Bronson Reed vs. The Judgement Day's Damian Priest vs.The Street Prophets' Montez Ford vs. Champ Austin Theory; Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE United States Championship: like the women's from earlier on at this event everyone involved looks better for being involved in this match, the only slight negative is Montez Ford possibly could have a concussion, it was no one's fault, what leads me to believe you could have a concussion is; his eyes looked wide as if no one was home, he had to be helped out of the structure, he did sit down but the referee's helped him out, they did see something on social media, but I quickly went past that, because I wanted to put my own opinion on it and finally Theory and Rollins to begin with kept out of the way of the referee's so I am going to say this; it is not kayfabe and hopefully Ford has a speedy recovery regardless of what he suffered here. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

Sami Zayn vs. Champ The Bloodline's Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: this match has one giant plot hole; a second referee is called upon, but just after something happened that shouldn't have happened. But the second referee has possibly witnessed from watching it on the monitors behind the stage or making himself known yet he doesn't call for a disqualification. Moving on with once again not giving too much away, the hierarchy of the WWE have another Bryan or/and Lynch situation with Zayn where the WWE Universe have decided to back Zayn whatever he does, yes I know this event took place in Zayn's backyard of Canada in Montreal, Quebec but in this event he reaches as I have already said Bryan or/and Lynch levels and how much they mean want to somewhat put some ice on it, as everyone should know by now when the WWE Universe makes a decision and I mean in trench themselves in a decision they won't be moved and based on this performance from Zayn: he proves himself to be in and around the main event scene as once again as I have said this a small number of times now; he looks better for having this match. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 10/10, I would like to take a few minutes to knowledge that this crowd in attendance was on it from beginning to end, they were here for this event and they didn't disappoint. This is speculation on my part, mixed in with I hope someone came out after the cameras went off to acknowledge this crowd, because when you get a reaction like this and for this time makes it should be it knowledge. But back to this event I did want to give this main event 9/10, because of this plot hole maybe next time give it a little bit more time before sending out the second referee, but altogether I had to give it 10/10.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment