Sunday 6 November 2022

Recommendation of: WWE Crown Jewel 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Crown Jewel 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing/colourful effects throughout. Disclaimer I not or are likely ever to be a professional wrestler.

Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley; Singles Match: this match very much had the outlay of the greatest hits; this basically means you had both of these competitors just hitting their strongest moves from the outset, but this match has a surprising ending, I should clarify that surprising aspect is it was/is a wrestling move to get the pin-fall, but I have to say right; we have one competitor waiting in the ring and then for some reason we have two video packages summing up this feud up to this point, why? I mean by all means have them both before the entrances, but why have them when you have one competitor waiting in the ring? It makes no sense, why would we want to watch a recap of how we got to this point when we just want to see this match? This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Damage CTRL's [Dakota Kai & IYO SKY] vs. Champs Alexa Bliss & Asuka; Tag Team Match for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships: the crowd for a long spell from the very start took a long time to warm up to this match, the match itself was good: this match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross [with Scarlett;] Steel Cage Match: I have seen these two do battle on to Premium Live Events now and I am quickly running out of interest in this feud, but at least this encounter is better than the previous one at WWE Extreme Rules 2022: this match/match slot receives: 7/10.

The O.C. [AJ Styles, The Good Brothers: Luke Gallows & the NJPW  NEVER Openweight Champion Karl Anderson] vs. The Judgment Day [Finn Bálor, Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio with Rhea Ripley;] Six-Man Tag Team Match: this is big news in itself Michael Cole on commentary mentioned Karl Anderson as the NJPW  NEVER Openweight Champion and at some point mentions The Bullet Club, but I find mentioning this particular championship much bigger, because the WWE don't acknowledge other championships outside of their bubble, meaning they don't exist so this is a giant indication that they are willing to work with New Japan Pro-Wrestling at the very least a little, it is just a shame that WWE and AEW find some common ground as things stand, even if it is just to hear William Regal just to say "WarGames" so as you can see/hear I'm not expecting them to be best friends here, but just like they have previously given little bits and pieces together, but as things go this is all good. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Braun Strowman vs. Omos Singles Match: I hated this so very much, I mean I knew it was going to be a train wreck in my predictions, but I didn't know it was going to be this bad. Omos was doing this heel trash talking character type of thing, but the problem was he was doing it to where it was a really poor standard, so it came across really transparently clear that he was covering something up, like the fact he can't wrestle. But on top of that he had to go and prove it as well, when he couldn't even do the most simplest move for a big guy; it is where it is a long distance throw from inside the corner to the opposite corner, generally speaking it looks okay but if you were looking for something that was meant to feel you full of confidence, it doesn't exactly fill you of that confidence, I mean he doesn't even sell for Strowman, he quickly rolled out of the ring and for those people that don't know; sell is a wrestling terminology that basically means act like it hurts or stay down or something like this; it is a fundamental component to wrestling 101. I mean in fairness and balance I can't and I will not put it all on Omos here, because he is just incredibly green, but on the other hand I have seen nothing from Strowman that says he has learnt and developed as a wrestler and I'm not talking about his move set. I am talking about experience of wrestling and the mechanics of it in the ring, so yes I have absolutely criticise Omos, but they also have to criticise Strowman for not being the leader in this dance and just going for the two rams butting heads outlay which essentially worked out for Lesnar vs. Lashley earlier on this night, but this is because these two opponents have bags and bags decades upon decades of experience between them, but Omos as I have already said is green and if he has which he has weaknesses or undeveloped skills they will show through clear as day. So as things stand with me and Omos he has go away heat with me and/or put him in another tag team this time with MVP as manager to cover up his all-round weaknesses or send him back to the Performance Center. This match/match slot receives: 2/10.

The Brawling Brutes [Ridge Holland & Butch] vs. Champs The Bloodline's The Usos [Jey & Jimmy Usos;] Tag Team Match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: this match is as listed meaning for who is involved it delivers a very high level of wrestling, but there is one blooper/botch and it is on none of these competitors, it isn't even on the commentary team, it is where one of these camer-person or someone above him asks for this camera person at this time, but either way; they get an excellent shot/angle at the wrong time, now I know it is in this match I don't know if they will edited out. Because it basically exposes the wrestling business, at the early stages of this match you have Butch working on Jimmy's hand and Butch's step on it, but in this camera shot we can clearly see Jimmy's hand is a fist so when Butch steps on it he isn't stepping on it, he is deliberately taking it out on the mat and Jimmy's hand is safely in a fist all he has to do is sell it at the right time, I know this is in this match, because when I picked up on it I had to replace, just to make sure if I had seen what they had seen. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

Damage CTRL's Bayley vs. Champ Bianca Belair; Last Woman Standing Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: this is another match/match slot that delivers an excellent match, I did just had one problem and is the mention from Michael Cole referencing The Women's Revolution and it began in 2018, if you have been following me long enough, you know my opinions on this and if you don't in a nutshell; under the old regime I found this to be nothing but a publicity stunt and it is roughly 4 years later and I still stand by that, I know that there may be another WWE Evolution schedule in the Premium Live Events at some point in the future. But for back then and now could we please stop trying to push this false narrative and my perspective isn't one of the sexiest respective, I just want it to be a real thing in wrestling where they don't have to use is 2018 thing it is just seen as normal women to wrestle. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

Logan Paul vs. The Bloodline's Champ Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: well this match past every expectation, it should be noted I didn't go in with any expectations, but under the new regime they seem to be going with a noteworthy main event finish every time and this is no exception. What I am about to say next is based on speculation and a possible way they are heading for WWE Survivor Series: WarGames 2022, basically Logan and his brother Jake Paul with their guys vs. The Bloodline, before you get excited I should point out again this is speculation on my part and more importantly Paul Logan was significantly injured during this match  Meniscus, MCL [Medial Collateral Ligament] and ACL [Anterior Cruciate Ligament] as WWE Survivor Series: WarGames 2022 is just a roundabout three weeks away Saturday 26/11/2022 for here and now all I am just going to say is; if this was the idea for this main event I would most definitely say it is up in the air right about now.

But back to this main event I think Paul Logan is a AEW "Hangman" Adam Page fan I am just basing this off Paul Logan performs one of Page's finishes in the Buckshot Lariat. Heyman needs to be given special praise, because he really does sell what he sees as this guy [Logan Paul] is someone dangerous, I tried to warn the tribal chief. Reigns plays his part as well and there is no disrespect aimed at Reigns here is a character or other person, but Heyman is still very much one of those people that in any capacity if you can get him to put you over you know there is something about this individual. I didn't like the one lucky punch thing, I mean I would have liked if they would have stopped repeating it after a short time forgot fed up with it. But with everything before and this match/match slot. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 8/10, looking at all of these match/match slot this mark on average is the right outcome considering Braun Strowman vs. Omos Singles Match was so poor I mean on reflection I decided to take a mark off that is how poor this match is and without giving much away because these blogs are designed to do that, but I am safe to say that it is a good thing that as you can clearly see this premium live event has a strong ending to it as in the match quality/sections get better and better, I was thinking I would just add this final bid in for the people that have seen this event and also to acknowledge it needed to find another gear as well, because it was generally drifting along with generally speaking good things, but not much of chunky substance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment