Sunday 3 February 2019

The Happytime Murders 2018 by AverageMansReviews

The Happytime Murders 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is poor.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, background music, slow-motion effects, mental imagery, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences: briefly there are weapons being used and combat elements

Comedy level/Character developments/Performances: well I don't know what I can put here really, the comedy level ranges from mature to adult material and it struggles to be funny. I mean yes this title does have its elements which I will discuss later, but for now I will say this; without one character/performer this film would have really, really struggled. The character developments are what they are; meaning on the scale of things these are not a big problem [they are passable,] there is good chemistry between four characters in this title as well [in different pairings.]

Now let's talk about the biggest asset to this title by some distance McCarthy; she just makes everything work, her comedy elements and other elements feel natural or naturally funny she does make a big impact on this title and the other performers do a solid job as well [there is one character where I am not sure if it is his character developments or performance which made him turn out this way, but all I am going to say is there is enough here for me to say inconclusive, in fairness and balance I can't really say it is down to the performer, because just maybe this is how the character was meant to be in the first place.]

This film receives: 3/10, after much consideration between one other mark and this one, I simply went for this one because it felt closer and because of McCarthy's input in one way or another I should give a little more and just before I finish I did like it when the lead role puppet through this object at this character/performer's head and he fell down, yes there are comedy in the action sequences, I would have put action sequences with the comedy level and other headers, but I ran out of space to get everything on one line.

No comments:

Post a Comment