Sunday 15 July 2018

Last Light 1993 by AverageMansReviews

Last Light 1993 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is good

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements, background music, a voice-over element, words and numbers on screen, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps [I should just make you aware there may be some scenes or a sequence which may be uncomfortable viewing.]

Storyline: briefly because I don't want to give too much away, I could be wrong about this but I am pretty sure there could have been more to this storyline, then what the viewers see, I think I can say this much [in a nutshell what happens next after this situation with the remaining characters?]

Performances: generally speaking they are good, Whitaker and Sutherland have good chemistry between them, as individually or together the viewers can see both of these characters are damaged by their surroundings at some point or points in their lives, so they have learned to survive or show very little signs of kindness or softness, because people may see that as a weakness [that is as much as I can tell you without giving too much away] and for the very picky people out there in Internet land yes they show signs of kindness [but my point is this; it comes across very briefly at some points in this title] and then it returns to how these two characters are full-time or something in-between [to be fair to myself, it depends where you are in this title.]

This film receives: 6/10, now taking everything into consideration this mark feels right what with the big question-mark at the end of this film, it did it no favours whatsoever and I just want to highlight this again there is a sequence which may be uncomfortable viewing [I was fine with it, but someone else may think it is a little bit much for them.]



No comments:

Post a Comment