Sunday 8 July 2018

Black Dog 1998 by AverageMansReviews

Black Dog 1998 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is good

Fundamental elements: there is background music [which is noticeable] and singing from a character, there are words on screen, cultural elements, slow-motion effects, mental imagery, time jumps and place jumps and a voice-over element.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used, chasing sequences, sequences happening on the outside of these vehicles or a crane is used [without giving too much away, you will know the scene I am talking about when a character is instructed to put some of a shipment in the water or something to that effect] and explosions or something like that to say something of carnage took place here, generally speaking these action sequences give value to this title.

Performances: now are these performances mostly mixed or the fundamental elements [the background music] kind of clashing with the dialogue or are these performers trying to make something out of what was given to them. I have to say there are some sequences where the background music does these dialogue exchanges no favours whatsoever, yes these scenes or sequences I am discussing are possibly around the chasing sequences of what I can remember, but as you should know by now all I try to do is tell you a decent amount about a project and try to be balanced in them, so in a nutshell I am not completely saying it is the performances or the background music, but based on my viewing experience something doesn't sound right to me, but then again I could be wrong about this.

Swayze: makes a big impact on this project, let's put it this way without him this title would have really struggled, I don't know how else to put it really other than this; he is the driving force behind this title, I know this maybe an easy point to make considering this performer is the lead character but then again he takes this project from being a mixed title to a good film.

This film receives: 6/10, now taking everything into consideration I feel that this mark is right, I mean if you haven't seen it before, it is good enough for maybe a one-time viewing, not forgetting if you are a Swayze fan you will see plenty of him in this film.


No comments:

Post a Comment