Saturday 14 April 2018

Ted 2 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Ted 2 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is good.

Fundamental elements: voice-over elements, time jumps and place jumps, words on screen and background music, the background music does its job. The basic movement of this sequel for me, well it does take some time to settle down into its rhythm, but when it does it is okay. This sequel is not as good as its original film title [Ted 2013] and in this review I will explain just some of the reasons why this is as we go along.

Performances: now generally speaking the performances are good, the viewer's still have that excellent, well-rounded and reliably interesting chemistry between Wahlberg as John Bennett and Ted [voiced by McFarlane,] but there is someone not in this film, that this film does need in one way or another, Kunis as Lori Collins, it doesn't matter if her role was a big one or a medium-sized role just to be a consistent element in this title would have been good. Because her role in the previous film title was important, in a nutshell whilst the other main two characters were being comical, her role could be funny yes but more importantly she was the sensible one out of the three of them, so as this relates to the film itself when the comedy element or elements had run their course, she put the focus back onto the storyline time after time.

Now don't get me wrong Seyfried as Samantha Jackson, does have good chemistry between the other two performers/characters, but as her character developments are similar to theirs, briefly looking at the bigger picture this sequel doesn't have much of an on screen balance to it.

Storyline/Comedy level: this storyline is okay, it makes sense. The comedy level [now I am a little bit stuck here, because of the mature themes, as in many different age ranges could be reading my reviews, so I have to be somewhat careful of what I say here.] But I can say this about it, it does have many good moments which are funny and amusing, but having said that in the interest of fairness and balance there are some elements which are like do we have to use these elements, like for an example there is an African-American lady using a word I cannot say [yes she is fully entitled to use that word] or other comedy elements which feel a little bit flat or something like that.

This film receives: 7/10 I think that will do for this review, I mean it does have some other good elements but as everyone should know by now I don't discuss everything about a project, so I will just wrap up things by saying this; as I have already said somewhere in this review on both counts this sequel is good but it isn't as good as its original film title.


No comments:

Post a Comment