Wednesday, 7 October 2026

The Son of No One 2011 by AverageMansReviews

The Son of No One 2011 by AverageMansReviews


Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/child abuse/sexual assault - underage activity/drugs/medical/references to racism and the rainbow community

I just don't care about this movie: briefly; we meet Police Officer Jonathan "Milk" White [Younger Jonathan "Milk" White: Jack Cherry/Older: Channing Tatum:] he is a hard-working individual with a wife and unfortunately an unwell daughter; but from out of nowhere his past history is going to come back to haunt him and potentially risk everything he has worked hard to build.

Generally speaking: the storyline/script, coinciding the character developments on both counts exposition and in present time is insufferably tedious as at any point we could go back or into present times, with framework to basically picked us up and drop was off and then repeat the cycle rotating backwards or forwards, what with the non-existent pacing which in turn makes incredibly hard work of roughly speaking this 90 minutes film; this is one of those rare occasions where even though I am discussing it; I can't really do it justice on how actually bad it really is, so I would recommend you watch it for at minimum a little while just to get a sample of it.

Action; for this kind of crime project the action is precisely the kind of thing you would expect with this title.

Character developments and performances; they are incredibly dull on both counts, as I have already indicated going backwards and forwards, having no enthusiasm anywhere to be seen on any aspect, makes this project such a chore and mentally I switched off quite quickly.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; as I may have already alluded to quite frankly this film is as interesting as watching paint dry, yet this film does have one accredited award to its name and that would be; 1 Nominee; Young Artist Awards 2012 Young Artist Award Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actor Brian Gilbert [as Younger Vinnie a.k.a. Carter: that is best friends with Milk back in the day, is fully aware of his history also but promises not to tell anyone, but  Vinnie/Carter has been through a lot in his life as well.]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment