Thursday, 8 October 2026

Shining Through 1992 by AverageMansReviews

Shining Through 1992 by AverageMansReviews


Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/Nazi Germany component ranging from swastika to implications to Jew and Holocaust/shooting/animal cruelty/medical and there will be some censored adult language references

Man this film sucks posterior!: Briefly; we meet Linda Voss/other characters [Melanie Griffith:] as she gives a interview to the BBC about her work in World War II and how she met Ed Leland/other characters [Michael Douglas:] and their individual or/and together with their war efforts.

Generally speaking: the storyline/scripts is I am going to go with the okay, with what it is based on, but trust me when I say that is no way the biggest problems to this project by absolute miles, what with the framework [minus the storyteller voice-over component] and pacing being a hot steaming pile of horse manure to begin with on its own merits, then you factor in on top of that some of the worst character types I have ever seen in my life, then on top of that you factor in some of the worst performances I have ever seen in my life as well; in a nutshell this is a complete and utter manure show from beginning to end; I mean I am not even Jewish so I have no particular persuasion, so I want you to understand that this is coming from straight down the middle... that this film doesn't do this particular time frame or/and subject matter justice with these awful character types and/or performances being at worst ranging from complete dog manure to and best adequate character types/performances as in... to get the job done and this film goes on for roughly 132 minutes, which yes it is insufferable watching.

Action; the only thing I can positively point out is we have about may be 10 minutes or less of good action as we have this pair of characters/performers trying to cross from one country into another and that is it folks; that is truly the only positive thing about this movie in its entirety.

Characters developments, performances and voice performance; as I may have already alluded to this was a disaster, I mean not backtracking on anything I have already said; maybe these character types that should have been straightforward would have been much better, if these performances were much better to begin with, because there was a distinct lack of chemistry from any member of the cast; you may physically see the chemistry but it is as lifeless as the dodo, I mean I may be clutching at straws here but the voice-over is good.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; I think this would be the first time I have ever said this or this directly I just wouldn't recommend anyone else waste their time watching this project like I did and the person that I watch some of this content with as well; this film also has some awards accredited to its name such as 5 Winners; Positive; Winner Golden Camera, Germany Golden Camera Best International Actress Melanie Griffith and Negative Winner Razzie Awards 1993 Razzie Award Worst Actress Melanie Griffith Shared with: A Stranger Among Us. 2 Nominees; Negative the same award ceremony/event Worst Screenplay David Seltzer and Worst Actor Michael Douglas Shared with: Basic Instinct

 

No comments:

Post a Comment