Coriolanus 2011 by AverageMansReviews
Review Time
Warning:
there is flashing effects/colourful
effects/shooting/stabbing/cutting/suicide/disfigurement/medical
This is a cautionary tale of
turning your back on a rabid dog:
briefly; Caius Martius Coriolanus [Director of this movie: Ralph Fiennes:] he
is a high ranking individual that serves Rome, but when it is suggested he goes
into the world of politics, which he really doesn't want to do and you really
isn't built for it on any level whatsoever, this leads to one big problem.
Generally speaking: the storyline/script is an adaption of William
Shakespeare's work of the same name, so consequently the character developments
use old English in the dialogue, so you may want to have a grasp of this style
of communicating and because I am British at some point or another at minimum
we will have to deal with William Shakespeare's work, so I may not be able to
write like it, but I would say I have a good understanding, I had to translate
for the person that I watch some of this content with on what was being said,
we also have some exposition character developments at one point or another,
the framework and pacing of this 123 minutes film is good.
Art
and action; the backdrop to this project is a modern day approach on all visual
aspects and practical uses, the action sequences are of war based sequences
these are all good.
Character
developments and performances; the character developments on all contributing
aspects are good versions of what they are meant to be; but if you're going to
adapt Shakespeare's work you have to have an excellent grasp of what that
means; which insured is; sometimes you have to do multiple things like talking
about your emotions, whilst simultaneously talking about them or/land any
specific situation happening may or may not be happening at the same time,
including but not limited to the possible future of those choices and on top of
that you have to deliver your lines in a very clear and concise manner at all
times regardless of volume or any other contributing elements; so as you can
imagine this assembled cast does a fantastic job throughout, but having said
that; it does feel and look like without Fiennes this movie would lose quite a
lot of its enthusiasm, bite or/and drive, I mean don't get me wrong as I have
already referenced this assembled cast behind him is excellent such as for one
example; Vanessa Redgrave as Volumnia; Caius Martius Coriolanus' mother and
likewise she has also served with high honours; as we get to experience just a
little bit of why her son may have turned out the way he has, but in particular
with Fiennes' all-round stage presence and demeanour you can very quickly and easily
see why he is in the lead role position as in a nutshell he just takes it and
runs with it and makes it is very own.
This film receives: 10/10, this film is top-notch entertainment; this is
almost highest quality adaption, I would give it a go, but it ultimately
depends on if you are into William Shakespeare or not and yes this film does
have some awards accredited to its name such as 10 Winners which include but
not limited to British Independent Film
Awards 2011 British Independent Film Award Best Supporting Actress Vanessa
Redgrave and 18 Nominees would also include but are not limited to BAFTA Awards
2012 BAFTA Film Award Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or
Producer Ralph Fiennes (director)
No comments:
Post a Comment