Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt 2009 by AverageMansReviews

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt 2009 by AverageMansReviews


Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/animal cruelty/animal biting/vehicle hits/vehicle crash/burning/capital punishment/medical/references to suicide and mature and adult things I just can't remember all of them and there will be censored adult language references in this content

This film is a hot steaming pile of horse manure!: Briefly; we meet this news reporter Christopher John “C.J.” Nicholas [Jesse Metcalfe:] he is a news reporter that believes that the soon-to-be new District Attorney Mark Hunte [Michael Douglas:] he is seemingly excellent as an attorney, but Nicholas wants to prove he is not what he seems as in crooked and consequently he goes to an extraordinary length to prove this alongside his friend and work colleague Corey Finley [Joel David Moore:] he is the camera guy on whatever camera is being used at that time.

Generally speaking: I strongly detest everything about this film on every single level; the storyline/script in conjunction with the framework and pacing of this agonising 106 minutes film is isn't worth the already used toilet paper it is written in manure on, roughly in the beginning section of about 25 minutes nothing of great substance happens mixed with these sequences with background music as they are preparing things; I mean on one level it is cheap anyway, but it also cheapens the seriousness of what they are planning to do with completely undermines this from the outset because Nicholas definitely comes over as a bit of a penis anyway; it really doesn't help things, to the point where I can already tell this is just going to be all kinds of wrong, to the point where a little later I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get through this film, that is how bad this film is, on top of that we have not one but two quick way round ups and conclusion with news reports on one of them; where this is the only good character developments.

Action; the vehicle trying to hit somebody on the run and that is about it; the rest of it is very much generic garbage.

Character developments and performances; on both counts they were either what they were going for here which means they struck gold or another way of putting it; disastrous character developments with performances on average just above poor with formulaic chemistry; with genuine attempts of authentic connection very much at a little bit here and a little bit there; to be honest the only one that should be able to walk away with their head held high is; Orlando Jones as Detective Ben Nickerson; he is on the case; at least he tried to do everything good which by everyone else's standards; it automatically qualifies him an Oscar Nomination for Best Supporting Male.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; I mean if you like Orlando Jones take a look at this film, but I really wouldn't expect too much, as I have already indicated in one way or another it is really difficult to get through, so other than the positive which I am just made reference to I would strongly recommend avoiding this film like the plague.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment