Thursday 11 January 2024

Power Rangers Zeo [Season 1,] Episode 6: Rangers in the Outfield by AverageMansReviews

Power Rangers Zeo [Season 1,] Episode 6: Rangers in the Outfield by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/other effects/transformation/robotics/shooting/sexism/domestic verbal abuse/short-circuiting

I have a lot to say later: Storyline, Comedy, Action, Character [Character developments;] Tanya accidentally discovered she is excellent at being a pitcher in the world of baseball with is funny, because she knows nothing about baseball, but sadly and pathetically this does not sit well with her boyfriend Sean which is a star player for Angel Grove and she hands him his posterior on a silver platter by striking him out.

This episode receives: 6/10, this episode is good; on reflection this seems like one of those episode where it has moral substance as it is referenced at the very closing stages of this episode basically "Standing up for yourself" but did we really have to use the vessel of sexism to get there? This is one of those episodes that hasn't aged particularly well, because I am not being woke here; but this clearly crosses into the realm of domestic verbal abuse in a relationship setting. I mean they could have used a fan heckler in the baseball scenes/sequences and eventually Tanya stood up for herself, I know that is cheesy but in hindsight it would have been much better than the option taken here. Once again in hindsight it just doesn't sit well with me that Tanya is meant to be protective over for a little while as she doesn’t come from this dimension/assisted by her so-called friends a.k.a. the other Zeo Rangers but in one way or another they just sit there/stand there and say nothing. I mean this could also have worked where they kept standing up for her, but eventually she says I have got this guys, she takes care of business and says thanks guys for showing me how to stand up for myself. You see it would have been much more palatable if a person was giving her verbal abuse on the baseball field or in the crowd. Yes this episode as my marking would suggest there are some good things about this episode, but I felt that what I have put here took priority. Based on what it shows, covers and I didn't want to leave myself wide open for any form of backlash or being accused of me seemingly being tone deaf of when this content was first created in 2023 and their standards or/and parameters, to be transparently honest I don't want to be at risk of being cancelled to what is happening in this episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment