Monday 27 November 2023

Recommendation of: WWE Survivor Series: WarGames 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Survivor Series: WarGames 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Disclaimer: flashing effects/colourful effects/medical. Disclaimer: look I have never been inside a wrestling ring and never likely to be and if you undertake this drinking game I will not be held responsible and finally I didn't know bits and pieces already, I really did try to stay avoid it, but I accidentally came across some things in one way or another.

Bianca Belair, Charlotte Flair, Shotzi & Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL's: the WWE Women's Champion Iyo Sky, Bayley, Asuka & Kairi Sane; Women's WarGames Match: now straight off the bat irritated me, I know he meant it in a positive way but it is one of those things that every time it just grates on me. He makes reference to the WWE Horsewomen and Bayley not being given the same level of respect, I am not clutching at straws here, but I can't be the only one that thinks Bayley is the female equivalent of Arn Anderson; you know the workhorse, the reliable and dependable one that always delivers. I hope Shotzi is okay, because if I had to pick someone that had a little bit of a rough night, it would be her yes she continued match but she also performed a suicide dive between both rings on Bayley which went a bit south as she took the metal grid that connects both rings together right in the face, later on Michael Cole did make reference to this, I should just point out I am not criticising her or getting on her back I am generally being nice and focusing on a possible health concern and then we had Cole and Graves having a very brief debate on what Flair delivered from the top turnbuckle [the far bottom right] Cole said it was a blockbuster, but Graves corrected him by saying it was an inverted natural selection. To me this match felt a bit slow and unable to get a fully going obviously there are some big spots, but with the skit/sponsor advertising after this match. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The Miz vs. the WWE Intercontinental Champion Imperium's Walter; Singles Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Wow this is the worst Walter match I have ever seen, what the hell are they thinking? I really don't like what they are doing here, I would say more but this content is not designed for that purpose. Now this is where the potential drinking game can start; every time an ex-WWF/WWE, but a current AEW guy is mentioned throughout this broadcast; you could download drink? So here we have Chris Jericho, Ric Flair and Edge [AEW's Adam Copeland] and. Graves says am paraphrasing roughly here The Miz taken a lot of credit and rightly so for giving the WWE Intercontinental Championship back its lustre. Come on this is just garbage, I mean Cole did make reference to the combined days of Miz's eight previous runs with this championship and they just about at the moment come somewhere vaguely close to Walter's first run/current run with this championship. So it is down to Walter giving the WWE Intercontinental Championship it is lustre and prestige back I mean minus this match/match slot everyone look better for having worked with Walter including Walter, once again minus this match/match slot, I know this is an old reference; but it makes perfect sense here, you see Walter' has made the Intercontinental Championship look and feel like the right-hand title again just/or on the same level as the main event championships. This match/match slot receives: 5/10.

Dragon Lee vs. Santos Escobar; Singles Match: AEW's Sting gets referenced on commentary and later on Lee performs this sit down power bomb with pinning combination; which roughly halfway through looks slow as it has lost all of its momentum, but between these two wrestlers they get it back on track; with Graves on commentary trying to cover up this moment and putting it over as and I am paraphrasing here basically as good strength; this match should not have been on this Premium Live Event, it is good enough for TV content, but not good enough for a PLE. This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

Zoey Stark vs. Champ The Judgement Day's. Champ Rhea Ripley; for the WWE World Women's Championship: I like everything to do with Slim Jim's, Starks performs a DDT on the ringside apron closest to the commentary team, it looks sloppy [a bit too loose] and I'm going to go with a chokeslam an attempt by Ripley or I am just going to say that is what you should be looking for the beginnings of it anyway from the top left turnbuckle goes wrong or I think it goes wrong, it looks like something went wrong here; it is one of those occasions where when you come to watch this match, you will completely understand why I am slightly vague on it; as whatever it was meant to be just came off as really messy and to be fair to the commentary team they took it in a similar fashion as well and the advertisers for WWE Shop.com. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Jey Uso, Sami Zayn & Randy Orton vs. The Judgement Day's: the WWE Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Finn Bálor, Damian Priest, the NXT North American Champion Dominik Mysterio, DJ McDonagh & Drew McIntyre; Men's WarGames: we have another suicide dive, but this one doesn't have any problem from Rollins onto Bálor. I was going to leave this out because I have made references to previous but Jey performs his cousin's Dwayne “The Rock" Johnson split slap/punch combination and then he performs it again, but you slightly changes the ending to pay homage to I believe "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, but to cover my back I could be wrong, but considering one of his son's Cody Rhodes is on his team in this match this could be possible. Cole corrects himself on commentary where he basically says if Priest wants to be the leader of The Judgement Day he has earned it, he meant in this match and then later on El Generico gets mentioned on commentary by Cole as well [for those that don't know; this used to be Sami Zayn's character/gimmick outside of the WWE.] Then for some reason Zayn throws a kendo stick through the cage and out of the ring and briefly stands they are laughing [to possibly illustrate, why did I just do that?] As roughly at the same time Cole brings this up on commentary. Later Cole brings up the creator of War Games "The American Dream" and then he makes reference to Cody creating the original All In wrestling event in 2018 in Chicago and there is one more reference to “The American Dream." Cole gets the numbers wrong but quickly corrects himself with Graves correcting him simultaneously as well. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 9/10, well let's start at the beginning; we get Black Sabbath providing the theme song for this event "War Pigs,"[yes they come from my country and yes I come from the alternative lifestyle; so I may come across as a little bit biased,] a will he won't he show up as it relates to Randy Orton narrative, sponsorship/commercial/advertising, we have three match slot [the things they really wanted to focus on] and a colossal ending to this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment