Saturday 29 July 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for NXT: The Great American Bash 2023 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for NXT: The Great American Bash 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Pre-show: Dragon Lee, Nathan Frazer, Yulisa León & Valentina Feroz vs. The Meta-Four: Oro Mensah, Noam Dar, Lash Legend & Jakara Jackson; Eight-Person Mixed Tag Team Match: my pick is The Meta-Four: Oro Mensah, Noam Dar, Lash Legend & Jakara Jackson. This is completely speculation, but they could be going with a post-match angle of maybe somebody either debuting or returning here to save the prolonged beat down, but I should just finish off this section by saying this could be completely garbage based on the facts I don't know.

Mustafa Ali vs. Wes Lee vs. Champ The Judgement Day's Dominik Mysterio [with the WWE Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley;] Triple Threat Match for the NXT North American Championship: my pick is obviously going to be The Judgement Day's Dominik Mysterio [with the WWE Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley. On one hand this is going to be a good wrestling match, but on the other I really don't like any of this. No way in hell should mysterio be champion here, because he belongs to the main roster and before I receive backlash let me just remind you of what happened with The Bloodline's Solo Sikoa and this championship back in 13/09/2022 where in a nutshell we have an identical situation where one was not acceptable/a change of mind a week later 20/09/2022, yet for some reason they have done it for a second time and yet this is fine and like I said earlier obviously Ali isn't winning here, which just buried him, he is just going to take the lost here and I don't know about everyone else even though I don't see Ali that much, I just want him to go to any other wrestling promotion at this point, because he deserves so much better.

Blair Davenport vs. Roxanne Perez; Weapons Wild Match: my pick is Blair Davenport. Now as this is her first NXT Premium Live Event back she should win. This is one of those rare occasions where I actually know something about a wrestler in/from NXT, well to be a little bit more precise NXT UK and outside of this promotion a.k.a. Bea Priestly, she is a hard wrestler, meaning it isn't just hard-hitting, but she also comes from the no wasted motion wrestling type, in fact 2024 I would like her to be given a AJ Styles; style of debut, you know WWE Royal Rumble 2016, where he made his surprising debut. Perhaps years down the line I want her to be the rival to Ripley. But for here and now I expect Booker T. to come into the ring from commentary after the match to try and protect his young protégé, but Davenport lays him out as well. I should also point out that, I am very much aware that this stipulation could be used to protect Davenport from the loss here also, I am not backtracking on my choice, I am happy with it and I’m just saying it can be used to protect Davenport if they wanted to do it that way.

Gable Steveson vs. Baron Corbin; Singles Match: my pick is Baron Corbin. Let's be honest like him or not, the guy deserves and needs a break, he has been dealing with garbage material since time began, so now he has returned to his Lone Wolf gimmick let's give him a solid run in this brand and see where it goes from there.

Chase University's Thea Hail [with Andre Chase Duke Hudson] vs. Champ Tiffany Stratton; Submission Match for the NXT Women's Championship: my pick is Tiffany Stratton. Simply put because she is I would say at the end of her infancy stage of this championship run roughly somewhere at the 60 day mark, but having said that I can't see her losing a little while yet to the point where maybe double this number roughly and then maybe it will be on the table.

The D'Angelo Family's Tony D'Angelo & Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo vs. Champ Gallus: Mark Coffey & Wolfgang [with Joe Coffey;] Tag Team Match for the NXT Tag Team Championships: my pick is Gallus: Mark Coffey & Wolfgang [with Joe Coffey.] Even though I don't much the TV programming, at roughly the 170 day mark, the hierarchy may be considering a title change soon, so don't be too surprised if after this match we see a tag team that comes out to put these champions on notice and eventually beat them at the following NXT Premium Live Event.

Ilja Dragunov vs. Champ Carmelo Hayes [with Trick Williams;] Singles Match for the NXT Championship: my pick is Champ Carmelo Hayes [with Trick Williams.] This match/match slot is firstly going to be or should be highly entertaining. But however hopefully they are going to use the old yet reliable match outlay of Williams getting involved, possibly something every like Williams throwing the ring steps across Dragunov's head when his head is on the ropes but outside of the ring, consequently Hayes wins and retains. Now I should point out I wish no harm to anyone or in this case to Dragunov. But if you have ever watched or know of this individual's wrestling style he has made a reputation of using the very hard style of wrestling with the ability to continuously get up, everyone that knows and what I'm about to say is no exaggeration Dragunov is the only one currently within the WWE that can be equal to Walter and vice versa as when they were both in NXT UK they used to beat the seven shades of caramel out of one another. But back to this match/match slot they need to come up with something believable that would floor for the three count and protect him from the loss.

Actually whilst I am thinking about it Walter should remain the WWE Intercontinental Champion until WrestleMania 40/2024 and have these two rivals go head to head for the WWE Intercontinental Championship on Night 1 in the main event I mean all three of these components deserve to be in this slot and regardless of the result, as long as somebody wins everyone should go home happy.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment