Sunday 21 May 2023

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 48 by AverageMansReview

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 48 by AverageMansReview

Just a heads up: I am not best happy with both promotions, I was thinking I would state that from the very beginning so I didn't get any heat coming back and yes I know I don't really do these volumes anymore this is just more down to creating other content.

WWE: so we are heading towards WWE Night of Champions 2023 this Saturday 27/05/2023 where every championship should be on the line yes? Straight off the bat I am smart enough not to bring up the fact that not every championship is on the line yet, because when I first began dictating this it is roughly a week away so as the old expression goes "card subject to change." But what I can say is this; if every championship is meant to be on the line why isn't Reigns defending his  WWE Universal Championship, I mean he is meant to be your flagship promotion champion yet he isn't defending his championship at this event on Saturday yet he has been given the opportunity to win the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships with Solo Sikoa vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn and on top of that it has been well publicised that Reigns is going to take more time off to do outside projects. I would like to say I thought this company would have learned with Brock Lesnar being a part-time champion, but they clearly haven't as they have even done worse which you would think is something they couldn't do, because part-time champions of this nature just don't work. I mean why don't they just come out and tell us it will Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 40/2024 this Championship and be done with it. Yes Reigns may be the longest reigning champion of the modern times, but like it or not when other content creators look back over this reign I am speculating here it would probably work out as average at best.

Speaking of main event champions the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is not in circulation yet but it is fastly becoming a joke. I mean if you didn't know it was created to basically indicate that we have no intention of dethroning Reigns any time soon, so let us create another championship to specifically and I will say that again specifically be put on Monday Night Raw or that a full-time wrestler can make it prestigious; we will have Raw and SmackDown Superstars [go for a Raw exclusive main brand championship, so I have no idea why SmackDown is involved] and yes there was a very good reason why I am essentially recapping everything I will tell you why in a little while. So in the final of this tournament we have Raw's Seth Rollins vs. SmackDown's AJ Styles Singles Match for the inaugural WWE Heavyweight Champion at this upcoming event; so is everyone with me so far? Now this is where the wheels of really may come off and let's keep in mind that this championship isn't in circulation yet, now everyone is thinking that Rollins is going to win this championship because he is on Raw right? Well this may not be the case as things stand I would say it is more like 50%, because as I understand it they haven't decided. Because of this is nothing against Rollins they wanted a full-time wrestler and Rollins can't give them that at the moment based on he is working on a small project I don't know if you have heard of it Captain America 4: New World Order 2024 so either way the WWE hierarchy are going to be made to look for fool. On one hand they could give it to Rollins but with the knowledge that at some point he is not going to be available which voids the whole reason why this new championship was created in the first place or on the other hand they could give it to AJ Styles which in turn is going to make the WWE Draft look even more stupid than what it is as a SmackDown Superstar wins a Raw exclusive championship, but then again this promotion has allowed a man to win the Woman's Money In The Bank [if you know what I'm talking about, you know] so yes obviously this match between Rollins and Styles is going to be amazing, but I can guarantee you regardless of the result everyone will remember the result for possibly the wrong reason. I mean at this going rate I don't see why if Reigns as a limited schedule I don't see why they don't give Rollins a similar if temporary situation. Nothing against Rollins, but I have very little interest in the main brand championships even though Rollins has been carrying the company for years and as I have said multiple times now I don't have nothing against him I am just playing cards that may be dealt. I am really much more interested in the WWE Intercontinental Championship picture, let's face it ever since Walter has carried it, he has put its prestigious value back into it.

All Elite Wrestling: what I'm about to say next I will completely stand by it from now until this individual has left this promotion. As far as I'm concerned CM Punk can leave wrestling this time permanently. Before I get criticism or indicated as a fickle person, yes I have never been the biggest fan of him. But this is it is crucial for you to understand when this entire situation with essentially The Elite happened with Punk and Ace Steel I was one of the ones that was leaning heavily in his corner. But however since Kenny Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson have been punished and consequently came back to AEW they have been professional wrestlers as from this trio you can sense and when they spoke about it there is regret there, to be fair and honest I would rather move on with anyone that was involved on The Elite side of this unprofessional situation then Punk.

You seem there has been one very large turning point for me and it happened some days ago where I saw and heard from Mr Punk about his latest grievances with AEW it isn't just what he said it is how he said it, where it was anything but professional his attitude is completely wrong so much so it to the point where if I was Tony Kahn I would be wondering; yes he is a needle pusher, but at the same time if everything isn't okay around him he is just a powderkeg waiting to go off, makes that in with the locker room atmosphere and his injury prone body now is he actually worth the money I am paying him and not forgetting the fact he is making Tony Kahn look bad, because he is someone you can't punish and he won't learn, so I would really pay off Punk just to get him out of my promotion I mean he is already made TK partly look like a fool again with the entire Warner Brothers Discovery AEW Collision media up front and not forgetting it was set to be in Chicago on its debut Saturday 17/06/2023 in Punk's backyard but that isn't happening anymore I mean this is precisely what I mean AEW cannot rely on Punk to be a professional you know okay behind closed doors have issues with AEW, but show a united front when it is necessary to do so.

TK I like him, but man what the hell is Ace Steel doing back in AEW? Yes if you didn't know this has recently came to light that he has been quietly working for AEW again and many people didn't know about it. I am far from happy with these turn of events that basically what we have here is all these combustible elements potentially coming back to AEW; I think TK is politely and respectfully asking for trouble having these compatible individuals in the same promotion again.

I have heard people expressing concern about AEW falling into a the same trap as WCW, I am not being arrogant I don't really have to really go and hear their opinion, because I lived through it once and I completely get what they are saying even if it is meant as friendly wanting AEW to do well with Dynamite and Coalition or anything other.

This is why I am in a strong belief that Punk and Steel need to go, because yes I have been around wrestling for many years so I expect there to be some level of heat backstage, but these two are potentially toxic and quite frankly AEW do not need this at this time. Because we are rapidly approaching another turning point for this promotion in actual fact it could be the biggest one ever AEW is going to fly or sink so if I was TK I would be thinking about getting out any individual that that could cause any massive problems and get everyone onside.

I am desperately hoping that AEW are not as foolish as WCW between their two big programs Nitro and Thunder where they basically ran their wrestlers ragged. I would like to think that TK would use the depth of his roster I'm not talking about a brand split, I'm just talking about this promotion has plenty of champions and talent in a nutshell I know I have indicated this once before but especially now he should run his wrestling promotion like a sports team, like this talent has been featuring a lot maybe I should give them some time off or promo time just not in ring or make sure I have maybe one championship match a week on either show or after this pay-per-view may be writing them off TV so they can heal up or recharge their batteries or maybe a few additions to the roster, but I am just really, really, really hoping that TK uses his roster and doesn't fall into the WCW trap. Because you may like or hate AEW, but their arrival in 2019 they have brought a second wave of the new era in wrestling and for those that don't like this promotion, let me remind you that even if they are just there to keep the WWE on their toes I am sure that TK and people in his promotion would aim higher than what I am suggesting, but if they are just here to do that to keep the WWE so that they don't monopolise the wrestling business ever again that can only be good for the wrestling business as a whole and on a brief side note yes I know there is Impact Wrestling, they don't have the same financial backing as these two other promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment