Saturday 6 May 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE Backlash 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE Backlash 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

To be honest: I will watch this Premium Live Event, but at minimum I am hoping it to be good, but I am not holding my breath. Because I am not being unreasonable just having a look at this card and taking into consideration the WWE Draft 2023 between Friday 28 April and Monday the 1st of May 2023, it is safe to assume that this event is going to be nothing more than a holding pattern and yes I know this event takes place some days after the WWE Draft, but on one hand they may just want this Premium Live Event to be nothing more than a holding pattern, so that after it they can begin hopefully fresh content.

The Bloodline: Solo Sikoa, The Usos: Jey & Jimmy Uso; vs. Matt Riddle, the WWE Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn: Six-Man Tag Team: my pick is Matt Riddle, the WWE Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn. To begin this storyline when or where the WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns comes back and is highly disappointed based on the fact in his absence The Bloodline has lost more matches than they have won or they may just go with the biggest losing streak this stable has ever experienced before, basically something like that.

Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar; Singles Match: my pick is Brock Lesnar. This may be a controversial choice, in theory yes Rhodes should win this based he lost at WrestleMania 39/2023: Night 2; to the WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns so Rhodes could very much do with the W here. But for some reason I just can't see it happening here, eventually I see him picking up the W over Lesnar just not here and now.

LWO/Legado Del Fantasma's Zelina Vega [with Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde & Cruz Del Toro] vs. the WWE SmackDown Women's Champion The Judgement Days' Rhea Ripley [with Finn Bálor, Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio;] Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: my pick is Rhea Ripley. I am just going to come out and say this; this championship isn't going anywhere any time soon and I see the special host of the event Bad Bunny getting involved in this match/match slot at some point, just to give his match/match slot some more substance later on in the night.

Seth Rollins vs. Omos [with MVP;] Singles Match: my pick is Seth Rollins. For the younger wrestling fan base this is just an exercise of Rollins making Omos look better in the ring than what he actually is, even in any losing effort.

Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed vs. Champ Austin Theory; Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship: my pick is Austin Theory. Based on the holding pattern that I believe this event will be and I would be more interested in this match if Theory's match at WrestleMania 39/2023 Night 1: against John Cena even though Theory was victorious this really hasn't done anything for him, in fact the more time I think about it the more I am of the persuasion it has damaged him and secondly I see him using heel tactics to get out of here with this championship

Damage CTRL's Iyo Sky [with Bayley & Dakota Kai] vs. Champ Bianca Belair; Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: my pick is Bianca Belair. To be brutally honest yet fair how can I get excited for this match when from day one Belair has single-handedly been booked to destroy this potentially strong, in-depth with buckets of potential of this trio [well we wouldn't know that the way they have been booked.] I really, really don't care for Belair's championship run anymore, they haven't or she hasn't been booked to build this version of this championship around her. I feel really sorry for Bayley, because as mentally the idea for a female stable was hers some time ago and even though I don't know her and obviously I am speculating here mixed in with quietly confident as well, that even she didn't want this for her idea. So I suspect that Bayley  will cost her a stable this championship opportunity, by some kind of confusion or miss hit to further lay more of the ground work for this potential split at some point in the future. But could we just somewhat speed this up, because no one wants to see it happen, but it is clearly going to happen.

Bad Bunny vs. The Judgement Days; Damian Priest [Finn Bálor & Dominik Mysterio;] San Juan Street Fight: my pick is Bad Bunny. I know he can wrestle, but in this case is it is set up perfectly to give him some protection potentially from the following the LWO including its leader Rey Mysterio to ensure the W. Or they could make it a event narrative where they make Bad Bunny an honorary member and they all come out the other hand I have just taken two seconds to think about it based on where this event is taking place San Juan, Puerto Rico, they would want the LWO to stand tall to close this event or in theory that is how they should do it, unless Mr. McMahon wants to flip them the middle digits.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment