Sunday 7 May 2023

Recommendation of: WWE Backlash 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Recommendation of: WWE Backlash 2023 by AverageMansReviews - Spoilers Alarm!

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/blood warning/I have never been or are likely to be a professional wrestler.

Just before I begin just so I don't have to repeat myself: any mention of the draft or/and WWE World Heavyweight Championship and its tournament will be seen as a negative based on the grounds individually or together there is an element of stupidity to them; for two examples, one each why is our first match on this card for the WWE Raw Women's Championship when without giving too much away everyone has been drafted to SmackDown? I know Michael Cole makes reference to the draft coming into effect on Monday 08/05/2023 on Raw, but regardless after this match/match slot they will still have the same problem and secondly why are SmackDown talent involved in this tournament to crown a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion for Raw. I will make other content focusing on these two questions/stupidity together later on at some point and if you're wondering why I didn't mention this in my predictions for this Premium Live Event. To be brutally honest I forgot about the draft and I don't care about it, briefly if they did it correctly and kept to it I would be more interested and professional about it, but as things are I couldn't give two dumplings about it, but on the positive the crowd were red-hot and make this event feel and look bigger which will also be reflected in the average of this event.

Damage CTRL's Iyo Sky vs. Champ Bianca Belair; Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: I would say this was a blotch of sorts Sky is situated on the bottom left top turnbuckle and Belair performs this military press then switches to a one-handed press because her arm has been damaged, but Sky doesn't have the most safest of landings on the campus as Cole says on commentary face first into the mat [I should point out Belair does pick up on things like she is beginning to shake and consequently she puts up her arm/hand again to steady herself and try and make Sky's decline somewhat little bit more control and safer.] This match/match slot receives: 9/10.

Seth Rollins vs. Omos [with MVP;] Singles Match: so I have a question when will this Omos experiment be over with? Because let's face it he is just being paired with wrestlers that do the vast majority of the work for him in making him look and feel much better then he actually is and with Lesnar or/and Rollins here they will be in the ring generals mapping out their match/match slot. I am not asking for him to be released, but having said that I can now say this if it wasn't because of his height and Mr. McMahon's obsession for tall muscular men he would have been gone ages ago. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed vs. Champ Austin Theory; Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship: this match/match slot goes how I expected it to go, but they did a really stupid thing on commentary by referencing John Cena and Theory WWE United States Championship Match at WrestleMania 39/2023: Night 1 I am paraphrasing here basically they put it over as a positive, but we all know it was anything but a positive in fact I believe it has damaged Theory, but the two challengers really do a lot of good things for this match/match slot in one way or another. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

LWO/Legado Del Fantasma's Zelina Vega vs. the WWE SmackDown Women's Champion The Judgement Days' Rhea Ripley; Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: this is another match/match slot that it is what it needs to be at this precise moment in time, home-grown talent vs. champion [yes full disclosure I learned this watching this event.] This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

LWO's Bad Bunny vs. The Judgement Days; Damian Priest ; San Juan Street Fight: straight off the bat I would happily take Bunny over Logan Paul any day of the week, he seems to be much more of a completed wrestler I saw the video package on how it came to be here, he is more able to fit in as an on-screen character and a all-round wrestler, he just needs more match time you can tell he is still green, but his willingness to improve learn and get better is there maybe Omos and Paul could learn something from Bunny. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

This is where the Spoilers Alarm comes into effect at some point: The Bloodline: Solo Sikoa, The Usos: Jey & Jimmy Uso; vs. Matt Riddle, the WWE Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn: Six-Man Tag Team: straight off the bat this is where I had to pick up this event again, because I had to go and secondly this match/match slot can go to hell, seriously it can go to hell and you are damn right I will take of the mark for this reference. You see if I was the WWE I wouldn't make any references to WWE Clash at the Castle 2021 and the main event ending. Where I am paraphrasing here; Michael Cole makes reference to the fact that the world thought it was going to be a different result. The reason why I am still salty about this; is because on one hand they did everything they could to reinforce that idea, so it isn't our fault for believing it, secondly no wrestler from this part of the world won their match on this card and finally without giving too much away let's not forget the recently did this at another massive event. So when I hear Cole saying basically the world thought it was going to be a different outcome, it is because the WWE put it there to begin with.

Then you have this electric crowd chanting "We Want Roman!" And Jimmy replying "He isn't here is." But as Cole highlights at the beginning of this event it is the first time in 18 years they have been in this part of the world San Juan, Puerto Rico [out of interest; venue Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot,] so based on almost 2 decades he should be here in some form, he could just be on commentary for this match/match slot. But I forgot the WWE likes to rely on part-time wrestlers, I would have made sure Reigns was here I don't care if you are a part timer or not when you go to somewhere; where it has been years upon years then they deserve to see your big stars end of story and I can't believe I am going to make this joke, but I thought I would never see the day where Lesnar has a more consistent wrestling schedule and someone else. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Blood warning: Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar; Singles Match: this is a hard-hitting a fairer, they used a match/match slot outlay which regardless of the result on one hand they look better for having this match whilst on the other hand both are protected by the loss, yes I have to be vague as not to give the result away, even though I know the results already. This match/match slot receives: 8/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 7/10, based on the average of these matches/match slot, I should really highlight the crowd again for their loud participation, I really want to award another mark based on this, but the problem is there is a counterbalance of negativity about this event which I have highlighted throughout.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment