Friday 31 March 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE WrestleMania 39/2023: Night 1 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE WrestleMania 39/2023: Night 1 by AverageMansReviews

To be honest: there is so much about any of this Premium Live Event on either night I am not interested with, even though yes I don't watch any of the TV product I still have a rough idea of what is happening.

John Cena vs. Champ Austin Theory; Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship: my pick is Austin Theory. Yes let's be positive for five seconds this match should be good, but it is very much a case of Cena putting Theory over.

Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul; Singles Match: my pick is Logan Paul. Stop me if you have heard this already; let's be positive for five seconds, this match should be good. But it should just be a case of putting Paul over, if will lead to believe what I have seen online over the last couple days; which has been these two things, the first being Paul's current contract is set to expire after this event and the second would be in a nutshell because I don't know if it is completely true or not, but whatever he is finding it difficult to get into wrestling shape which leads me onto my final point; if this is the case on these two points even if one or both are true why are we giving another part timer a valid spot on the most biggest event in wrestling? There is nothing to be gained from this match, now if you had said to me if you were to add the winner of these first two matches will be scheduled to go one-on-one on the first Raw after this event for the WWE United States Championship, I would say good move and an interesting stipulation because either outcome is something to look forward to on Raw.

Damage CTRL: Bayley, Dakota Kai & Iyo Sky vs. Trish Stratus, the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Lita & Becky Lynch; Six-Woman Tag Team Match: my pick is Damage CTRL: Bayley, Dakota Kai & Iyo Sky. Let's see if you can guess what I'm going to say next, well let's be positive for five seconds this match is going to be good. But it has been documented for some time Stratus is going to turn heel and on top of that you are aware that these women's tag team championships are the only ones not up for grabs over these two nights, that tells you everything you need to know about these championships and where they stand as it relates to the hierarchy regardless if it is the older regime or the relatively new one. To liven up this match/match slot what I would have added as a stipulation would have been a Ladder Match for these Championships where you could have had in a match context you could have had Bayley run interference for her stablemates and likewise for Stratus to do the same until she turns heel.

Braun Strowman & Ricochet vs. The Street Profits: Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs. Alpha Academy: Chad Gable & Otis vs. The Viking Raiders: Erik & Ivar [with Valhalla;] Men's WrestleMania Showcase Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Match: my pick is The Street Profits: Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford. Well they couldn't be bothered to put a No1 Contenders stipulation on this match for the WWE Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships and secondly The Street Profits: Angelo Dawkins & Montez deserve better, specifically Montez Ford, but if I had my way I would not split up The Street Profits just used them more as a tag team/pairing yes but also begin to use them as singles competitors like on Night 2 Montez Ford [with Angelo Dawkins] deserves to take on Brock Lesnar instead of what we are stuck with, but I will talk about that more on the second night, because if it isn't Montez Ford I have another two name in mind, but as I have already referenced we will discuss that when we come to that bridge and if this team win here maybe it is being used to soften the blow that they had nothing else better for them to do and foe the Alpha Academy: Chad Gable & Otis  I fully expect them to break up with Otis to turned his back on Gable to join The Maximum Male Model fully and yes this should be another good match

Rey Mysterio vs. The Judgement Day's Dominik Mysterio [with Damian Priest;] Singles Match: my pick is Dominik Mysterio. Now there has been speculation that Rey will retire after this match, so it has always been done that when a wrestler is going to retire they lay down to take the loss on their way out of in this case wrestling to put over the talent in question [it is also done when you could be just leaving a company,] but in this case it is leaning possibly to retirement. But if Ray wins here it could just mean he is bringing closure to this feud, but even I don't think he could miss this opportunity to end his career on the biggest stage in all of wrestling and put over his real-life son on the way out, but we will have to wait and see. By the way if you are keeping count this is the first genuine match worthy of being on a WrestleMania card.

The Judgemrent Day's Rhea Ripley vs. Champ Charlotte Flair; Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: my pick is The Judgemrent Day's Rhea Ripley. Anything other than this result and I will be fuming, because I remember the last time that these two wrestlers wrestled on the biggest stage of the more in wrestling WrestleMania 36/2020 and in a nutshell everyone knows including Ripley that what happened here completely derailed her and it took her some time to get back into a grove, so I would really appreciate it if they didn't attempt to do it again considering Ripley has been universally the best woman wrestler in the WWE for some time to the point where she is reaching Chyna levels of success and diversity she could and can throw down with the men, women or/and others. Yes this is another match/match slot that is worthy of being on this card.

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. Champs The Bloodline's The Usos: Jey & Jimmy Uso; Tag Team Match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships: my pick is Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn. Yes before I get deemed as being a sexist, I do believe that this will be the main event of the night, simply based on it is such a big story arc to finish on/begin the second night on that it needs to take the main event slot. Before I receive backlash, if this was just a basic match/slot I would have put Ripley vs. Flair for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship in the main event slot for sure, as I have already said this story arc of potentially the beginning stages of The Bloodline crumbling is too gigantic for this not to be the main event.

But now to finish up because I have a lot of things going on right now in one way or another. I might be a day or more behind watching the entirety of WrestleMania 39/2023. Don't get me wrong but there is only one of me and there are three Premium Live Events over the weekend including NXT: Stand & Deliver 2023 if you are interested in this event is earlier on the same night as this one and their card is from top to tail strong, so as you can clearly see it isn't like I won't be watching wrestling I just need another pair of eyes and I have other content to do at the same time.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment