Saturday 28 May 2022

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW Double or Nothing 2022 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW Double or Nothing 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Buy-In; Hookhausen [Hook & Danhausen] vs. Tony Nese & Mark Sterling; Tag Team Match: my pick is Hookhausen [Hook & Danhausen.] This duo have so much potential, but however I would slowly build up over time and avoid putting a rocket to their back, just based on at this current time there is quite a few tag teams around the AEW World Tag Team Championships, I would prefer them to build up their reputation and gimmick, so that when it is time for them to enter the picture they are given the role of outside possibility dark horses, that kind of angle so that everyone knows their reputation precedes them, but they have never been in this Championships position before.

Anna Jay vs. Champ Jade Cargill [with The Baddies; Kiera Hogan and Red Velvet;] Singles Match for the AEW TBS Championship: my pick is Jade Cargill. Obviously this is speculation; but I think it would be a good time to put Anna Jay with another two female wrestlers so we can have a trio on trio feud, so going with the safe and reliable beat down saving angle with these other two running down to the ring.

ROH World Television Champion Samoa Joe vs. Adam Cole; Men's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Final Singles Match: my pick is Adam Cole. I want to give him a credible reason to be back in the AEW World Championship picture, so this would do that, I suspect they are going to use the template of Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt and Satnam Singh; consequently Adam Cole picks up the victory, so that Samoa Joe continues this feud with them.

Britt Baker, D.M.D. [with Rebel & Jamie Hayter] vs. Ruby Soho; Women's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Final; Singles Match: my pick is Britt Baker, D.M.D. in short for the same reason as her real-life boyfriend. I do see anyone from Baker's side of things getting involved at some point or points during this match.

Serena Deeb vs. Champ Thunder Rosa; Singles Match for the AEW Women's World Championship: my pick is Thunder Rosa. I see Hikaru Shida screwing Serena Deeb out of this Championship opportunity, I would prefer something like on the blindside of the referee.

Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. Team Taz [the FTW World Champion Ricky Starks & Powerhouse Hobbs with Taz] vs. Champ Jurassic Express [Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus with Christian Cage;] Three-way Tag Team match for the AEW World Tag Team Championships: my pick is Jurassic Express [Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus with Christian Cage] with Jungle Boy perhaps using heel tactics to retain, I am not necessarily turning him heel, I am just trying to illustrate he is desperate to pick up the W. consequently retaining with the other two teams continuing their feud.

Jericho Appreciation Society [Chris Jericho, Matt Menard, Angelo Parker, Daniel Garcia & Jake Hager] vs. Eddie Kingston, Pride & Powerful; Santana & Ortiz Blackpool Combat Club [Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley with William Regal;] The Anarchy in the Arena match: my pick is Eddie Kingston, Pride & Powerful; Santana & Ortiz Blackpool Combat Club [Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley with William Regal.This is just the beginning so expect blood this match is going to be absolutely mayhem, let's just hope that everyone gets through this relatively unharmed.

MJF vs. Wardlow; Singles Match; if Wardlow wins he is released from his contract with MJF and allowed to sign with AEW, but if MJF wins Wardlow is permanently banned from signing with AEW: my pick is Wardlow. He has proved himself in this feud to be a big deal, so let's just get this done and just for the record I don't expect MJF to go quietly either.

House of Black [Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews & Brody King] vs. Death Triangle [Pac, The Lucha Brothers; Penta Oscuro & Rey FĂ©nix with Alex Abrahantes;] Six-Man Tag Team Match: my pick is House of Black [Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews & Brody King.] Expect weirdness; let me now be a little bit more specific, I think this is where they will pull the trigger on Julia Hart joining the House of Black, because this would be a pay-per-view so it would be a good time to do it.

American Top Team; Men of the Year [the AEW TNT Champion Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page & Paige VanZant with Dan Lambert] vs. the AAA Mixed Tag Team Champions Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti & Frankie Kazarian; Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match If American Top Team win, neither Guevara or Kazarian can challenge for the TNT Championship as long as Sky is champion: my pick is American Top Team, Men of the Year [the AEW TNT Champion Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page & Paige VanZant with Dan Lambert,] on both counts it is a good way to promote either new names and/or new feuds

The Hardys [Jeff & Matt Hardy] vs. The Young Bucks [Matt & Nick Jackson with Brandon Cutler;] Tag Team Match: my pick is The Hardys [Jeff & Matt Hardy.] This match is going to be lots of fun, in fact all of these matches in this blog are going to be lots of fun, but in this case it is just going to be a case of  The Hardys [Jeff & Matt Hardy] being put over as this is their first pay-per-view together under the name of AEW.

CM Punk vs. Champ "Hangman" Adam Page; Singles Match for the AEW World Championship: my pick is Champ "Hangman" Adam Page. I do have this feeling that someone is going to either debut or return and even before you think it, I don't know about Kenny Omega, because when he went off he had a list of injuries requiring surgeries so as far as I am aware he is recovering or at minimum working on his comeback at some point, so Pages will keep this eye on the ball to pick up the win, but at some point down the line we will have a trios singles match for the AEW World Championship where Punk will become the new Champ, but whatever happens down the line Punk will become the Champ after this pay-per-view. But it has to be said that Page has definitely shown he is a main event player, I knew this anyway because be for this he showed potential, but the difference between then and now is we now know he is a main event player, in fact he is AEW's Shawn Michaels.

Full disclosure: on Friday 27/05/2022; I just went looking for the matches for an up-to-date version you know so I could just finish this blog, but some complete heel had already put up the results of those matches announced/booked at the time, so I have just gone with as if I didn't know and yes when I last looked at this page it looked as if someone had tried to change the page, I know YouTubers produce videos like this which I have no problem with, because they make it perfectly clear in the title and the thumbnail so it is the individual's choice to press on the video. But when somebody deliberately updates a web-page; before time and incidentally if it should happen that you or anyone updates things before time as long as you give a spoiler warning, I also have no problem with you, but in this case there was no need to do it and as I have just said this individual was being a complete heel.

On Saturday 28/05/2022 someone has put it back to the way it should have been until after this pay-per-view. On Friday 03/06/2022 the person that put up the results the first time around was wrong in some cases of what I remember.

Additional Match/Result:

 

Spoiler incoming:

 

 

 

 

 

Kyle O'Reilly Defeats Darby Allin

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment