Thursday 5 August 2021

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe [Season 2,] Episode 101: Not So Blind by AverageMansReviews

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe [Season 2,] Episode 101: Not So Blind by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there flashing effects/other effects/transformation

This episode has one purpose and it fulfils that purpose: we have Storyline, Moral message Action and Characters [Character developments] combining in this episode; there is this young boy by the name of Loos; he is blind and has been from birth, so this entire episode is designed to talk about being blind [in a general sense disabilities and the fact that we are still people.] Prince Adam/He-Man offering to carry Loos over this narrow bridge, but Loos enquires if he is going to help Ram Man? Which Prince Adam/He-Man says "No I think Ram Man can take care of himself." With Loos responding "Well so can I, I am not helpless [with Prince Adam/He-Man saying "I didn't mean to"] Loos continuing "You didn't hurt my feelings, I just want to be treated like anyone else." Prince Adam/He-Man responds "I understand." With that they all get over to the other side of this bridge. Now unfortunately some time later in this episode Loos saves Prince Adam/He-Man and Ram Man's life, but the consequences of this is they two are now blind, so they have to rely on Loos's know-how and experience to get them all out of this situation and back to Attak Trak.

This episode receives: 5/10, this episode is mixed; like I said this episode has one purpose and it fulfils that purpose and that is to make people aware generally speaking of disabled people are still people. But for me it just reminds me that we were talking about these kind of things in the 1980's and when this review was first dictated in 2021 we haven't come that far, to be more precise more often than not we are going backwards and before I receive the Internet equivalent of pitchforks and fires on sticks mob justice, basically the Cancel culture; here is a little background information on me; I am disabled from birth heading towards my 40's likewise when this first was being dictated and on top of that I have a mental illness which at this point is comfortably a decade old and it will be with me for the rest of my life; so in short I know what I'm talking about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment