Saturday 3 July 2021

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWE WrestleMania Backlash 16/05/2021 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWE WrestleMania Backlash 16/05/2021 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Chosen by: You, I put out a poll the other day asking; so what decade am I watching from next, it is up to you? Well I had 50% on 2011-2020+ and 50% on 1980's, so I just went with the first vote that came in which was 2011-2020+

Warning: there are horror themes [from the sponsor of this pay-per-view and upcoming 2021 Netflix film Army of the Dead/TV program Army of the Dead: Lost in Vegas 2023 [I was just thinking I would put this here also to cover my back] meshing with current wrestling footage; narrated by ex-WWE superstar/film Dave Batista, there are also colourful/flashing effects in these ring entrances.

Background information: in short we get given this video package on how we can be here.

Match/Stipulations: "The Queen" Charlotte Flair vs. "The Empress of Tomorrow" Asuka vs. the WWE Raw Women's Champion "The Nightmare" Rhea Ripley: Triple Threat Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 10/10

Match Storyline: 8/10

Crowd Participation: 10/10

On Commentary: Raw of; Corey Graves, Adnan Virk & Byron Saxton 6/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 9/10

Recommend Watch: 10/10

Match Total: 53/60 - this match is excellent

Comments: why is this match the first match on this card? I know they want to begin this pay-per-view card in the right way, but surely they could have put on the Zombie Lumberjack Match on first and just get that out of the way with; that could have easily done the job; yes I have heard and seen little bits of pictures to say it was anything but negatively received. But this match deserved to be higher up on the card; I would have swapped these two matches around. I am hardly the biggest Charlotte Flair fan, but I can identify that she and the generation before her and many after have worked so hard on many things like they're in ring capabilities so they should consistently be higher from now on.

I get why Asuka takes the loss here [generally speaking the reason why is because of this reason that has stood the test of time to save the other two characters/performers from picking up a loss to basically save their potential one-on-one encounter over a Championship on a different pay-per-view down the line; the third character/performer will take the loss.] But my problem is why is it always Asuka that takes a loss in one way or another be it in her Championship reigns [on the main rosters she never gets booked as a strong Champion] or Championship opportunities.

I don't know if this is Virk or he is being told to reference this; but either way I just wouldn't highlight this; "Every time the Raw Women's Championship is won in a Triple Threat, Charlotte Flair is involved in the match the inaugural champion back in 2016 that Becky Lynch against Sasha Banks, and in 2019 Becky Lynch won Ronda Rousey's title in a triple threat match, Charlotte's always in the action."

The reason why I wouldn't reference it, is simply because I can say this now "Don't we know it that she is always in the action, I mean we all know it, but then to have Virk confirm what we already know is just stupid; you know; we know this that, the hierarchy and Charlotte know we know she will always be around Championships, but to have Virk is as I have already said stupid, this is one of those occasions where I had to just make sure if I got this correctly and I did find it a little bit amusing, just point out what everyone knows anyway.

Virk; I have to say the entire speech that includes the following; he repeatedly says the Riptide, Riptide, Riptide sounds like phoney enthusiasm, but to be fair and balanced before this he was doing a solid job, this is the first time I have heard him, I would suggest he sticks to being a solid  commentator, just until he finds his feet and his own on-screen presence, basically put himself over as him and not what the hierarchy expect him to be, so being kind stopped trying so hard and I just like have to ask; so the only Babyface here is Asuka? Because Charlotte is a Heel and Ripley comes off as this super villain like The Joker, laughing and gloating at some point in this match slot; it just comes off as a very odd dynamic where as I have already made reference to Ripley out Heels Charlotte here with her attitude which; consequently it comes off like Charlotte should receive another Championship opportunity as in she is being hard done by, which A she hasn't been hard done by in the slightest and B likewise as I have previously discussed she will receive another Championship opportunity at some point in the near future.

Basic Result: the WWE Raw Women's Champion "The Nightmare" Rhea Ripley Retained her WWE Raw Women's Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment