Friday 21 May 2021

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE SummerSlam 29/08/1988 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE SummerSlam 29/08/1988 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews

Chosen by: Me; I was just thinking I would take a look back at the olden days of the 1980's.

Warning: there are flashing/colourful effects at the very start of this Pay-Per-View when the WWF acronym comes up and some point in this match slot with cameras going off and lighting

Match/Stipulation: The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers [Jacques & Raymond Rougeau - real life brother] vs. The British Bulldogs [Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid with Matilda the Dog:] Tag Team Match

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 9/10

Match Storyline: 9/10

Crowd Participation: 10/10

On Commentary: Gorilla Monsoon & "Superstar" Billy Graham 8/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 3/10

Recommend Watch: 8/10

Match Total: 47/60 - this match is excellent

Comments: briefly here on the whole this is an excellent match, I am just going to come out and say it; it makes me feel incredibly sad that we went from this standard of tag team wrestling in this company in 1988 to a complete and utter dumb stuff fire in 2021 on the Main Rosters. Now I am not a gatekeeper, but like it or not you have to ask "How the hell did we get here?" But I digress I have two points; which I cannot discuss here. But in fairness and balance I could/can overlook one point; because of how excellent this match is, I mean don't get me wrong I would have still brought it up here, because it is still worth talking about, but not the other because I have been around wrestling long enough to know I get it, but then again the more I think about it; it just irritated me; if you want to know what these are; please head over to the Spoiler Alarm Version

 

No comments:

Post a Comment