Saturday 13 February 2021

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 16: Through the Looking-Glass by AverageMansReviews

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 16: Through the Looking-Glass by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there is flashing/other effects/breaking of leg/face scarring/strangling /now as everyone should know by now I don't use adult language in my content, but I used a softer version of what I mean.

Storyline: it is excellent; it has lots to offer in this episode.

RIP Beth Kane long live Alice: I don't know where to begin that is how angry I am; because without giving too much away through most of this episode we get to experience a version of Beth Kane showing more through the surface than ever before; the comedy and the character developments go hand-in-hand as Beth Kane/Alice is naturally comical and these are in-depth character developments as well; yes she is incredibly damaged, but deep down is a good person trying to show through; then she gets stabbed in the back from her Twin Sister and her Father [Kate Kane & Colonet Jacob Kane;]

I have never made it a secret I have a mental illness when it is appropriate to bring it up in my content; so how do you expect me to react when this TV series was released in 2019 and it clearly has a lesbian or bisexual outlook which I have no problem with, but my point is this; I have a massive colossal problem with how mental health has been shown in this First Season with this Kane/Hamilton family connections; not taking the time to realize that what Beth Kane/Alice has been through has really well and truly screwed her up, yes I know she is not at all innocent and I'm not condoning what she has done or is going to do, but it isn't just her; her family has let her down in her past and they continuously do it in her present.

What is annoying me greatly is the fact Kate Kane or Kate Kane/Batwoman takes the time to wait until Beth Kane is more like Beth Kane so her very hard hood and cloak known as Alice is down so whatever she does or says is going to hurt Beth Kane like the full effect of basically an atom bomb going off, which I find it makes Kate Kane or Kate Kane/Batwoman a vile giant donkey diarrhea pile of a person; simply put you don't do that to somebody regardless of what they have done in their life [just off the top of my head and before I receive feedback I have just thought of some occasions where it may be okay/understandable to do this such as if this individual is of an age that should know better has brought you harm in some way in the first place,] but however that does not apply here because Beth Kane/Alice was not in control of her situation when she was much younger as a child and here is a great idea why doesn't Kate Kane either as Kate Kane or Batwoman take responsibility for her own actions I mean there is a great case for her to end up in Prison for roughly 20 to 25 years.

I mean Beth Kane/Alice sticks to her Twin Sister's condition, that is a clear indication to me now something has been put to rest she wants to find a version of Beth Kane with a little bit of Alice [Alice is a part of Beth Kane so she will always be inside her,] but she wants to be more like Beth Kane now and for the future.

Arkham Asylum: in short this action is lots of fun.

This episode receives: 7/10, this episode is good; full disclosure this episode was going to get full marks that was until the final stages of this episode, I can't stress to you how much this infuriated me let's just say I can't put the words here including the amount of times I used them; I do try to remain unbiased, but I am sick to death of how this First Season has shown/used mental health.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment