Tuesday 9 February 2021

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 12: Take Your Choice by AverageMansReviews

DC's Batwoman [Season 1,] Episode 12: Take Your Choice by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

4 things about this episode

Warning: there is flashing/other effects/face scarring/medical elements/drug/stabbing neck and body.

Storyline: it is excellent; it has so much happening in it.

Love me my Twin Sister: now I don't want to give too much away here, but what I am finding point blank insufferable is the character developments; Beth Kane/Alice deep, deep down is just wanting her Twin Sister and Father to love her for who she is; which is someone that is very broken and needs psychiatric treatment; yes I am fully aware the best place for her and for her to serve a long stretch in prison would be Arkham Asylum, so I acknowledge she is a criminal I am not deflecting from that.

But here's my point; for a very high percentage of the time Beth Kane/Alice begins to show her vulnerable fragile side or begins to take off her very hard cloak and hood her Twin Sister Kate Kane or Kate Kane/Batwoman keeps stabbing her in the heart every time in one way or another [minus physically putting a knife in her heart] and all I can say is this episode is no exception and don't even get me started on their Father Colonet Jacob Kane; at this point just don't speak to me about him; he made these series of choices, so whatever he has coming or is going to experience by these series of choices is supremely well deserved and just to clarify these are life-changing choices for his Twin Daughters, so I am not being petty here, but these character developments of Beth Kane/Alice's biological family are for me incredibly sickening/infuriating.

Batbike: there are two sequences when the Batbike is being used; these are two creative action sequences.

This episode receives: 8/10, this episode is excellent; to be honest I was going to give this episode full marks, but the treatment of Beth Kane/Alice from Dr. August Cartwright to any of the Kane family connection is running my patients dry in this First Season in fact it is on empty [so you have been warned for future episode reviews of this First Season,] I was going to give this episode a slightly lesser mark, but my professionalism kicked in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment