Thursday 10 September 2020

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 27 by AverageMansReview

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 27 by AverageMansReview

Just a heads up: from now on I will be trying to keep these shorter so if I don't cover the subject, I will aim to do my best to put it in the next one or if I don't cover it never mind, I am not being lazy it is just these Volumes are just getting bigger and bigger and taking up more and more time. But as it relates to this Volume I will be focusing on a theme on both sides of this divide.

WWE: now I have never, ever hidden the fact that I believe the Woman's Revolution to be nothing more than a publicity stunt and my mind hasn't changed on that whatsoever.

The Woman's Tag Team Division is a joke, currently there is just two teams in it after The Kabuki Warriors and The IIconics have in one way or another disbanded, I mean even The Riott Squad have been recently reformed. This seems like a good time to point out that Liv Morgan's repackaging cleansing/sexual gimmick was a complete waste of time and energy wasn't it really; if they are just going to put her back into similar clothing and all of that like Ruby Riott and on top of that the Woman's Tag Team Champions in Jax and Baszler in Kayfabe not liking one another the last time I checked. [Additional update; I had forgotten that Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross where even a tag team, but they have recently broken up as well.]

So how is this Division meant to work with only two teams currently in it? Moving on to the Raw Woman's Division and Champion Asuka who is she feuding with right now? I mean I knew she was the Champion but I had to go and make sure of this; so why do I have this feeling that regardless of whomever her next challenger may be she is just going to lose it to them, so currently she is just a placeholder and everyone knows she is too good to be treated like this again.

While SmackDown and NXT as it relates to their respective Woman's Championships things are either heating up between Bayley and Banks and I am not going to lie I know very little about NXT as a whole and nothing about their Women's Champion Io Shirai, but as NXT is the glowing gold and black Brand that this company has in its Universe I'm going to say everything is going great here as it relates to this Championship.

All Elite Wrestling: so we come to AEW; look I have said that it will take roughly 12 years to see what and how this company is going to look like and function, so give it time, taking into consideration this global situation and as it relates to here and now this company is still relatively new, so if they were slowly moving forward I would be giving the speech of "Give it more time."

But there are now issues that have to be addressed; such as this global situation isn't going away any time soon, so if they are holding back on any plans [for here and now let's just focus on the women side of things,] because they want a large audience response [I think we can all understand this reason.]

But at the same time they need to be slowly moving forward and they aren't, if anything they are going in the opposite direction, I mean why didn't they put the entire AEW Women's Tag Team Cup Tournament on AEW: Dynamite one match every week, instead of putting it on YouTube and then having the final on AEW: Dynamite, the more I am thinking about it the more I am thinking this was just a bad booking decision, because if I was trying to deal with this global situation and trying to slowly move things on, I would have slowed played this tournament in the way I have just said and given the matches a 20 minute time limit [but said to the performers involved "Go and show what you can do." I didn't watch 99% of this tournament, because to be honest I haven't even watched AEW Dark yet, so what makes them think I have enough time to watch this tournament, you see if they had put it on AEW: Dynamite I would have watched it, I have it series-linked; in my country I have it on Fridays most of the time [providing AEW don't have to move Dynamite to another day.]

I am a little bit understanding to the fact that AEW are still relatively new and they are getting a crash course in running a wrestling promotion in this global situation and have international performers and they are unable to attend AEW because of this global situation, but at the same time this company have got to learn that they have to roll with things, as they have with Baker [being injured] and the Swole feud, I have to give them some credit for this but other than that; it just feels like their creative team is either very green or as I have already stated in this blog already; waiting for this global situation to pass to pull the trigger on some things or not as focused on the women side of things as they should be.

But whatever the case may be they still have enough women characters/performers to put feuds together Abadon “The Living Dead Girl” could feud with Penelope Ford, because Abadon wants to show the ugly person inside her or make her over in her image/personalty; something like that or Nyla Rose vs. the AEW Women's World Champion Hikaru Shida feuding for this Championship and of course we have Big Swole and Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D ongoing feud at the moment, I mean if they want to get really creative they could make the Big Swole and Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D feud eventually into a No1 Contenders feud for the AEW Women's World Championship [and not forgetting the surrounding characters/performers in these feuds as well.]

Now having looked back at it; once again the more and more time I spend thinking about it, the more time I think it would have been a much better idea for Shida to lose her Championship at AEW All Out 2020 to the NWA Women's Champion Thunder Rosa [I did bring this up in In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW All Out 2020,] so that these two wrestling promotions could have had a back and forth working relationship as in this case borrow each other's women's talent so that they can grow each other's Divisions individually and together [together means to benefit one another in the bigger picture they could individually say "Sign with us and we will give you plenty of opportunity for you to reach your full potential."]

So I am in agreement with people that respectfully say AEW should be doing more with their Women's Division, [Pipe bomb in a wrestling sense;] "Maybe instead of focusing on AEW Heels they should have been focusing on what is happening in the ring and their TV programming on AEW: Dynamite and pushing that instead." I mean not so long ago it was looking like they were just getting a good variety of women characters/performers and building a hotbed to work from and that has pretty much just disappeared, it has just come to me that they may not have been under contract [this is speculation on my part] and I know this global situation hasn't helped, but yes absolutely slowly move forward, but there is no reason for them to be going backwards.

If you have been reading these Volumes you know full well if WWE did things like this or had any shortcomings I would have been all over them so fair is fair here.




No comments:

Post a Comment