Saturday 13 June 2020

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE Backlash 2020 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE Backlash 2020 by AverageMansReviews

Just a quick heads up:  I am dictating this some days away from this pay-per-view so these matches may be in the wrong order and whilst I'm here there are only three things I don't like about this pay-per-view and I will discuss them when we get to them.

Andrade vs. the United States Champion Apollo Crews: my pick is Apollo Crews; it just seems way too early for him to drop the United States Championship in his push, all I ask is give them time to have a decent match, because this match should be good providing they have been given time.

Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs. The IIconics vs. the Women’s Tag Team Champions Bayley & Sasha Banks Triple Threat Match: my pick is Bayley & Sasha Banks; once again it is way, way too early for them to drop their Championships but then again does anyone remember WrestleMania 35 and the fallout from the result of this Triple Threat Championship Match? That is all I'm going to say [they wouldn't do it again? Or hopefully they wouldn't do it again.]

Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus: my pick is Sheamus; I'm guessing here on some form of interference from someone hence Hardy gets distracted and Sheamus picks up the W.

Nia Jax vs. the Raw Women’s Champion Asuka: my pick is Asuka; so we come to the first thing I don't like about this pay-per-view. Straight off the bat if the WWE are struggling for names on the Card I can understand why she is still here, but get her off-screen after this and yes if we were living in a normal situation I would happily have removed her [use a Kayfabe injury,] she is just too much of a liability in the ring and this recurring situation needs to be resolved, I know people get injured in the ring that comes with the territory. But not at this rate of recurring situations as it relates to Jax, but if the WWE doesn't want to do anything about it; it will be more of a case of when not if someone gets injured again or worse; she is too Kryptonite/radioactive at the moment.

Bobby Lashley vs. the WWE Champion Drew McIntyre: my pick is Drew McIntyre; so we finally have got here, these two characters/performers are individually being treated as they should have been treated when they individually came back to this company, well it took you long enough didn't it WWE, just don't screw it up give them time to have a good match and take things from there.

The Miz & John Morrison vs.
the Universal Champion Braun Strowman Handicap Match: my pick is Braun Strowman; this would be the second thing I don't like about this pay-per-view, I'm getting the slight feeling of déjà vu here  Elimination Chamber 2020 Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro and Sami Zayn vs. the Intercontinental Champion Braun Strowman 3-on-1 Handicap Match, please WWE don't go down this line again and just for the record they could have freshened things up [they could have slightly changed the stipulation from Handicap to a Three Falls Match first, Two Single Matches one each and then the Handicap Match stipulation.]

Edge vs. Randy Orton: my pick is Randy Orton; just because of 50-50 booking, so I have one question; why doesn't this match have a No1 Contender stipulation in place for the Universal Championship? I really would have put this in place so the there is something on the line.

Okay I think I've just about covered everything I will see you at the next WWE or AEW pay-per-view, it feels like I am forgetting something here. Oh yes this would be the third and final thing I don't like about this pay-per-view. Who had the stupid idea of using this tag line of "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever." Don't get me wrong these two characters/performers have every right to be in the WWE Hall of Fame or inducted as it relates to Randy Orton at some point in the future, but individually or together they are not the greatest wrestlers, Edge will give you passion and he will put everything on the line whilst Randy Orton is a safe pair of hands, but his matches are a paint by numbers that kind of thing.

Additional Match/Result:

The Viking vs. the Raw Tag Team Champions The Street Profits and The Viking Raiders; the match didn't get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment