Tuesday 14 April 2020

Kin 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Kin 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed

Warning: there are elements of child abuse in one way or another

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, background music, cultural elements, mental imagery, no subtitles when another language is being used, time jumps and place jumps.

Movement; to begin with it is slow and boring but it does get better the more you watch of it, I should just point out when I say better I mean it wakes up and moves along. I am not going to lie I did check on how much time I had watched and have left to watch of this project, because of two reasons 1 as I have already said it was slow and the second reason I will discuss in the next section, but for here and now all I can say is this; it is one of those perfect reasons to why I kept checking on how much time I had seen and how much time I had left.

Storyline/Back stories: well continuing from my previous paragraph generally speaking the storyline is something solid, but however we come onto the second reason from the previous paragraph, now not to give too much away but the other reason why I kept looking at the amount of time [gone and left to watch,] it is because there is another narrative going on alongside the main storyline and once again I am not going to lie it looks much more interesting, so I was waiting for it to join the main storyline, which it does but right at the end of this film to drop a massive bombshell, which in short this project has been deliberately set up for a sequel, which if the sequel doesn't come it makes this project a waste of time and on a quick side note I had a quick look for any information on a sequel and as it stands here and now it looks like a No.

Back stories; they come to the viewers via voice-over, storyteller, a news report, mental imagery and discussed in the dialogue exchanges.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used, combat and chasing. Moving on to the artistic visions there are some good looking scenery be it by night with this moon or owl or these daytime skies and this small plane and other things.

Character developments/Performances: well on one hand they can be seen as good, but on the other hand absolutely pointless, based on what I have said about this storyline, so consequently we may never get to see or experience these character developments. The performances are good; there is good chemistry/friction, yes depending where you are; is depending what you get at that specific time.

This film receives: 4/10, now after everything is said and done this mark is a fair outcome, when you come to have this road trip and beyond until the closing credits this project is comfortably got enough to it not to be given a poor mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment