Saturday 4 January 2020

Glass 2019 by AverageMansReviews

Glass 2019 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is good.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, slow-motion effects, mental imagery, cultural elements, background music, yes to subtitles being used when another language is being used, time jumps and place jumps.

The movement including the other elements of this title is a little bit difficult to describe [meaning you will have to watch it to fully understand what I mean.] But for here and now in this blog, I will put it like this; it is a bit of a just waking up giant as in "I will be with you shortly I have just gotten up let me have my coffee first and then I will be right with you." Now don't get me wrong it does move, but it is slow without this giant [I should just point out in this case the giant is the fundamental elements, the movement and everything that comes with that,] but I continue roughly before the one-third mark, this project doesn't feel the same. But now roughly after the one-third mark, he stays with us until the end which in turn gives this sequel momentum and a real identity to this project.

Storyline/Origin storylines: the storyline in theory is good, but in practice the more I think about it, the more it could have done with better pacing throughout instead of just roughly around the final one third and yes I can acknowledge that there are origin storyline elements in this sequel, I think you will appreciate I can't say too much more than what I have said about this point; when you come to see this sequel once again you will understand why I can't say too much more than what I have.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used and combat elements, now whilst I'm here, I don't think too much of the camera work in these one-on-one sequences it is where the viewers are facing one character or the other [from the perspective of the other character in this one-on-one sequence as they are fighting, I know I have said this twice or something to this effect in this review but it is another occasion where, when you come to watch this title it is something for you to look out for and notice.]

Character developments/Performances: now generally speaking first of all; all but one character/performer is good.

Now let's talk about this one character/performer James McAvoy as many characters, this performer gives life to these very individual yet very complex people within one brain/mind and how fluently, naturally and deeply he rotates between them without 93% of the time feeling anything [for him this metamorphosis happens as easily as flipping on a light switch.] But having said all of this; there is one entity within him that seems to bring him pain and discomfort through his metamorphosis into this entity.

In a positive yet also negative way this character/performer highlights everything I have said about the fundamental elements, the movement and so on and so forth and [this is nothing against this character/performer.] But when the viewers see/feel/experience what this character/performer brings to the table and then you will notice things.

Because I don't like taking credit for someone else's work or material or anything other I was thinking I would just put this in; now I watched this sequel with another person and this is her opinion basically "James McAvoy gets 10 out of 10 for his performance; for how he can completely change from one person to another with great ease and great depth as well, this film would have really struggled without him and this sequel got better the more you watched of it."

This film receives: 6/10, this feels like one of those occasions where I should just point out, even though you have two people in this review highlighting James McAvoy and his performance in this sequel, the 6 out of 10 is an all round mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment