Thursday 3 January 2019

Dick Tracy 1990 by AverageMansReviews

Dick Tracy by 1990 AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is poor.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, background music, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used and combat elements, the artistic visions are clear to see be it the landscapes or the costumes or anything like this.

Musical numbers: these elements are good.

Character developments/Performances: now in most cases [minus two characters/performers which I will discuss them later,] these character developments/performances range from poor to mixed, but it isn't as clear as that or easy as that, meaning sometimes they can range between these two words or sometimes circling around good or good itself, as I am trying to make this clear and easy for you to read and understand; it just depends what scene or sequence you are watching really is depending what you will get. Now on to the two I have left out until now; Headly as Tess Trueheart and Korsmo as The Kid, these two characters/performers are consistently good and their chemistry feels more comfortably natural between one another as on one hand we have this woman which is very down to earth and real, yet not a pushover and on the other hand we have this kid which has grown up on the streets and so on and so forth, so their chemistry is a good match for one another as soon as they meet, which individually these two characters/performers take their own abilities to build chemistry and build their own links with our lead character which in this triangle it does work, what can I say this triangle thing gets better the more you watch of this project. [I should just point out yes I am aware that there is a long-term relationship between Tracy and Tess at the beginning of this project anyway, but without giving too much away because this is an element of the film itself there are character developments here,] that is as much as I can tell you.

This film receives: 3/10, as I have been dictating this review I had been thinking about a mark for this title and I did have one in mind, but the more I analyzed it; the more may be another mark would have been better, I am not backtracking on anything, it is just when this title shows an element I can work with or more be it on anything then you can see why it has been slightly difficult to mark this film.




No comments:

Post a Comment