Friday 4 January 2019

Howard the Duck 1986 by AverageMansReviews

Howard the Duck 1986 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is excellent.

Fundamental elements: there is a voice-over elements, background music, mental imagery, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Musical numbers: these elements are good.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used, combat elements and other elements such as this two-seater Ultralight Aircraft [with our lead role piloting it with another character sitting behind him, this would be a rough description of this sequence,] it is good fun and it has been excellently put together.

Comedy level/Character developments/Performances: the first thing I want to say in this paragraph is this; I would like to include the action sequences in this paragraph as well, the only reason they are not in the line-up at the beginning of this paragraph is because I was thinking it would be too long. So with that said the comedy level is a consistent theme in this title, it comes from dialogue or dialogue exchanges or situation/scene or sequence-based comedy [such as the Ultralight Aircraft sequence without giving too much away the passenger character is struggling to fix this flying machine whilst it is in flight.]

Now on to the character developments and the performances; well the character developments are cheesy/reliable [there is something I should really point out about this title; this is one of those titles that screams out what time in history it is a part of in every way shape and form; I will discuss this more later on in this review, but for now with keeping that in mind, moving on to the performances; generally speaking there is good chemistry between the main three good characters which makes the comedy elements/dialogue exchanges feel natural and in fairness and balance the rest of this cast contribute positive elements as well.

This film receives: 8/10 I have been thinking what mark to give this title and as I said earlier on in this review I would discuss the time in history which this film is from, now because this film is from the 1980's and when or if you choose to watch this title you will see what I mean from the look and feel of it straightaway; because of this it works and yes I think I am not alone when I say this; this film is bizarre, but it doesn't claim to be anything other than what it is; which is an adventure/science-fiction/comedy film title from the 1980's and it sticks to that and because my mark for this title has been all over the place really I think just for something nice and easy; I will stick with the mark at the top of this paragraph and I wouldn't dream of telling people how to watch projects but as a suggestion if you just go with the flow of this title you will get much more enjoyment from it [just for the record yes I am aware I had quite a few marks in mind and whilst I am on the subject these headers on these paragraphs in my reviews are rough descriptions; yes I should have bought this up sooner but never mind, for an example where I have said there are musical numbers in this title, this is true but if you watch this film you will see this rock band playing music, my reasoning is simple; I try and stay away from splitting hairs too much.]



No comments:

Post a Comment