Sunday 11 November 2018

A Man Apart 2003 by AverageMansReviews

A Man Apart 2003 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, slow-motion effects, words on screen, yes and no to subtitles being used, mental imagery, background music, time jumps and place jumps.

Now usually I don't say this too often or at the very least this directly, I have to say that the fundamental elements have or had a big impact on the marking of this film, which I will discuss later but for now I can say this; the fundamental elements really made this project hard work to watch and sucked a large amount of my interest out of this title.

If I had to pinpoint one thing for you to look out for there are so many place jumps that may have words on screen or not I can't remember too well, that this film is back-and-forth over there, back over here and so on and so forth, yes when it settles down it is something kind of solid, but then again I can't remember if when it settles down if it remains settle down or not.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used and explosions and those kinds of things.

Performances: now for most parts they range from poor to mixed, it is always good to see Timothy Olyphant in a project [of what projects I have seen this performer in, he either stands out or does something with the material he has been given or is a reliable performer] and for our lead performer Vin Diesel, he leads this film with his larger-than-life stage presence, now I was thinking of how to put this nicely, but I may as well just come out and say it; he carries this project for heavy amount of the time, in fact when Olyphant and Diesel are on screen together in fairness and balance this is when the project is going through one of its better moments. On a quick positive side note if these two performers were contracted to another film title together, I wouldn't mind seeing that as long as they were put in two main character roles.

This film receives: 4/10, like I said earlier I would discuss a little bit more about the fundamental elements in short based on these there are different sections of this title where I could give different marks, because when this film settles down or something like this then it is workable on many levels and not forgetting I can only give one mark. But it is worthwhile mentioning again, because this project sucked my interest out quickly and early on, maybe it was fighting an up-hill battle just for the record I am not making any excuses I'm just trying to give you a balanced review.


No comments:

Post a Comment