Saturday 10 February 2018

12 Rounds 2009 by AverageMansReviews

12 Rounds 2009 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed.

Fundamental core: wow this fundamental core is just too much [I don't know how to describe it, besides just saying it is just too much,] what with easy to pick up on background music, time jumps, place jumps [words on screen,] special-effects, mental imagery and other things and I should just point out I can't remember if it was time jump or jumps or place jump or jumps, I think the reason why I am struggling to remember bits and pieces about some projects lately, it is because the project in question is not keeping my interest or I am finding it boring [like whilst I was watching this project I was doing other little bits now and again.]

Chess element: this element is good, a small element.

Action sequences: there are plenty of weapons being used and those kinds of things with some well put together sequences of events such as for one example, a Fire Engine trying to get from one location to another within a certain amount of time [because of a countdowns thing] and the chaos that comes with that.

Cast: generally speaking the character developments are mostly weak and tedious. But having said that it does feel like this cast do try to make something out of what was given to them individually. Now moving on to John Cena as Officer/Detective Danny Fisher, yes I did struggle to keep interested in this title, but let me put it this way this performer is the only reason this project is going from a poor film to a mixed film, because his performance is comfortably strong enough to carry this film, his stage presence is large and yes we do have the other performers putting in their elements as well, but Cena is like an NFL Quarterback or some years down the road an XFL Quarterback just trying to get his team down the field for a touchdown.

This film receives: 37% approval, I don't know what to say here really, because in a nutshell this is one of those projects that has some good points to it, but you may have to sit through many minutes which are not so good just to see these good points.

No comments:

Post a Comment