Monday 7 August 2017

Green Lantern 2011 by AverageMansReviews

Green Lantern 2011 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: I like this lead role, I like this character but I don't particularly like this film.

Storyline: it is a very basic origins storyline and that is about it really, in fact this project takes about 37 minutes to wake up properly and actually do something, which isn't boring or monotonous [I should just point out even after the 37 minutes mark, it isn't brilliant either but at least it is something better than the first 37 minutes of this title.]

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern and Mark Strong as Sinestro: Reynolds's reincarnation of this character as I have already said I like it. Strong as Sinestro, likewise this performer as this character is also a good choice, he gives this character an ominous presence, his dialogue exchanges are quiet yet delivered with purpose [how can I put this nicely; they both really did pull a rabbit out of the hat, individually or together on screen they gave this film some positive elements.]

Special-effects/Action sequences: just no, no, no, No! These special-effects just irritate me profusely, I know that this film is meant to look really pretty, but as I may have said already just no they don't work, there is either too much special-effects being used which is one thing, but it may help this situation if the special-effects were any good to begin with. Because when this review was dictated [this film is only 6 years old roughly.]

My point is this; this film is looking somewhat old already as it relates to its special-effects, yes they look colourful but that is about it, they don't interest me in the slightest and I have just remembered I am 99.9% sure this would be just the second time I have seen this project, I went to the cinema when it first came out and I have seen it today on DVD and that would be it.

But I digress the action sequences make me fall asleep I find them really, really boring.

This film receives: 40% approval, I had to pick a percentage which would be a true yet unbiased percentage, but also highlighted the hard work that Reynolds and Strong put into this film title to make it partly entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment