The Pelican Brief 1993 by AverageMansReviews
Review Time
Warning:
there is flashing effects/colourful effects/shooting/vehicle hit/vehicle
crash/medical
Well this movie is just so
unbelievably boring: briefly; after
these two Supreme Justices are assassinated; this law student Darby Shaw [Julia
Roberts:] she is a very intelligent student would also enable relationship with
her professor figures out this entire situation consequently putting her and
anyone around her in danger, eventually she learned to trust this news
journalist Gary Grantham [Denzel Washington:] he works for the Washington
Herald and is very interested in this situation.
Generally speaking: the storyline/script for most parts has very little
happening in it, in conjunction with likewise a framework and pacing of a movie
which is a staggering 141 minutes long for what it is we have yet again more
issues of a serious lack of character developments yet again in conjunction
with I am going to be very generous and say minus perhaps the last 30 minutes
or slightly a bit more; the chemistry between Roberts and/or Washington is
highly noticeable absence; there was just nothing here, but then again it may
help if they spent more time on screen together instead of a part or as it
relates to Washington for a heavy section not on screen at all; yes I am making
reference to after he has entered the film; which if we were to add all of this
up together; it makes the atmosphere with all of this empty space in these
scenes and we have already a lengthy time of this movie being what it is; this
film is consequently such a chore, I mean after about 35 minutes mentally I was
already beginning to check out and roughly after the first hour, the person
that I watch some of this content with; we both couldn't believe that we still
had so much of this film to watch.
Art
and action; we get to see is some scenes of pelicans and the action sequences
types are exactly what you expect to see in this movie such as shooting,
chasing and explosions
Character
developments and performances; well as I referenced earlier they were lacking;
for me any kind of three-dimensional laying character developments would have
been nice, it just feels and looks like these character types were fit for
purpose and nothing more, which the performances ranges from solid functional
to as I made reference earlier for most part absent to the last 30 minutes;
finally building some natural free-flowing chemistry to make this entire film
wake the hell up; I really don't feel comfortable blaming it on the lead
partnership, just because this film in its construction and the execution is on
its own merits awful, but then again they expect individually or together; for
both performers to just simply put this film on their backs and carry it, which
they do to a certain especially in the last 30 minutes, but there was only so
much they could do individually or together.
This film receives: 2/10, this film is poor; I mean the person I watched
this film with broadly said that this film could have done with being much
shorter and I would have to agree with that sentiment and to follow that up I
would like to say that this mark is to also highlight the length of this film
and its contents or lack of contents is meant to be reflected in this mark, so
it actually has very little may be a pinch of salt to do with Roberts or/and
Washington. This film also has some awards accredited to its name such as 1
Winner ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards 1994 ASCAP Award Top Box Office
Films James Horner, 2 Nominees; MTV Movie + TV Awards 1994 MTV Movie Award Best
Female Performance Julia Roberts and from the same award ceremony/event Most
Desirable Male Denzel Washington
No comments:
Post a Comment