Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Flow 2024 [alternative name Straume] by AverageMansReviews

Flow 2024 [alternative name Straume] by AverageMansReviews


Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/environmental/animal cruelty/animal feeding

This selection on animals go on a journey together: briefly; we meet this small black cat [Voiced by: Unknown or sound effect:] this small black cat is predominantly the focus of this movie.

Generally speaking: the storyline/script is okay for what it is, I have to be honest I found the framework to be straightforward, but the pacing eventually tiresome of this 85 minutes film; on one hand it just fell slow and steady and on the other hand, I didn't know where were we going and eventually what is the point of this script?

Art, action, character developments and voice performances; the animation style of this project is anime which yes absolutely comes with the high standard and high visual expectations that come with that outlay, so every now and again you will see and experience some real visual treats all over the place, such as our little black cat diving in the water to go fishing for fish with all these highly detailed fishes, yet again the character developments are on one hand I really liked the sound effects from the animals in particular our little black cat; because as a cat owner kind of pick up learn what they are indicating, but on the other hand I was not a fan of somehow these creatures knowing how to steer the boat and on top of that still able to crash it, so the voice performances or/and sound effects were/are very good.

This film receives: 5/10, this film is mixed; what can I say? I just really like the storyline/script if everything took place on or around the boat this would have helped me give a higher mark, based on I could use the expression of; this movie is a locational-based film so anything else before this or after it; it doesn't matter based on the boat is key and nothing else matters so that would have helped me; help it and the framework and pacing makes really hard work of 85 minutes of film regardless of the high-quality visual representations and yes; at the end of the ending credits there is one extra scene. This film also has quite a few awards accredited to its name such as 63 Winners including but not limited to Academy Awards, USA 2025 Oscar  Best Animated Feature Film Gints Zilbalodis Ron Dyens Matiss Kaza Gregory Zalcman and 79 Nominees would also include but not limited to from the same award event/ceremony Best International Feature Film Latvia

 

No comments:

Post a Comment