47 Ronin 2013 by AverageMansReviews
Review Time
Warning:
there is flashing effects/colourful
effects/stabbing/shooting/transformation/burning/ritual/suicide/seppuku/medical
To deliver on honour is to deliver
seppuku: briefly; 47 Ronin consist of
Yoshio Oishi [Hiroyuki Sanada:] he is the leader of the Ronins and Kai [Baby:
Unknown/Teen: Daniel Barber/Older: Keanu
Reeves:] he is adopted by the household of Lord Asano, but he is very much seen and treated as an outsider and this is their journey
Generally speaking: the exposition character developments, art we get some
narration/storyteller of the history, the art is of a very high quality and
storyline/script in theory is good, but I have to be honest I have only seen
this film twice and at some points one way or another in the framework and
pacing of this 128 minutes film I end up falling asleep, I have a feeling this
is because this film without the action sequences and artistic visions within
them; this film is quite slow and the dialogue exchanges reflect that also,
which means I end up falling asleep.
Art
and action; as you will see watching this movie; this film is for a average
amount of time a wash of colour, and designs to create a whole spectacle as it
relates to seeing designs, costumes and accessories and including some of the
action scenes as well; but having said that sometimes having too much computer
technology on-screen to create the art can look really messy also; for those
computer minded individuals; it is very much like having an up-to-date
videogame to play on your PC, but the PC may be a little bit old and struggling
to keep up with the visual or/and speed of the program in question in this case
this sequence of events; which furthermore highlights when this film slows down
it is much better and able to by a large support what is going on screen at
that time, I think actually taking two seconds to think about it, I know I
greatly prefer the combat sequences not involving computer technology or/and
the sequence made it look uglyanyway, how to put this nicely without offending anyone,
because this film is Asian it comes with a certain level of high expectations
of being simultaneously incredibly high quality action sequences, whilst
simultaneously being a visual treat and on this aspect or/and aspects this film
doesn't fail, so if you like Asian/martial arts movies this film will suit you
down to the ground and because Reeves has some experience in doing these types
of martial arts sequences due to The Matrix franchise; he fits in really well
and doesn't look out of place.
Character
developments, performances and voice performances; the character developments
are all good, but again due to the framework and pacing of this movie being
slow, it does feel like these dialogue exchange on one hand felt really slow
and on the other hand they had a lot of empty space to fill in these scenes
sometimes, so taking that into consideration I think these performances
were/are solid versions what they were going for here and the voice
performance/narration is good.
This film receives: 5/10, this film is mixed; as I have already alluded to
in one way or another this project is basically somewhat difficult to watch yes
the aspects to bring this landscape to life is really engaging, but some of the
quick moving visual art/action is by its computer technology very ugly and the
entire movement of this project is hardly easy and enthusiastic to stay awake
to; yet it does have some awards accredited to its name such as 5 Nominees
which include but not limited to Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror
Films, USA 2014 Saturn Award Best Production Design Jan Roelfs and Best
Costumes Penny Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment