The Return of the Pink Panther 1975 by AverageMansReviews
Previous instalment: Inspector Clouseau
1968 Link https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2026/08/inspector-clouseau-1968-by.html
Review Time
Warning: there is flashing
effects/colourful/drugs/shooting/rainbow rainbow community element/animal
cruelty/animal waste/medical
He is back!: Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfus [Herbert Lom:] he is the individual
that Clouseau reports to as he is his senior, but he despises Clouseau with
such passion it gives him twitchy eyes, but not only that he has been told by
his senior to basically promote Clouseau back to his original rank of
Inspector, so Police Officer/Inspector/other Jacques Clouseau/other characters
[Peter Sellers:] is our clumsy French person of the law, but yet again has to
solve the case of a stolen The Pink Panther diamond, and yes at some point or
another we have Cato Fong [Burt Kwouk:] as a martial arts training; but highly
skilled martial artist anyway/training partner and servant to Clouseau.
Generally speaking: the art in the opening credits of this film are lots of fun as for an
example we have The Pink Panther tap-dancing with a cane and top hat and the
animated those in of Inspector Clouseau is in this opening sequence as well,
the storyline/script in theory makes sense as in it is pretty much as I have
already said it; but in practice I have to be completely honest in its
execution; it is so ugly to the point where I was falling asleep for a little
in sections and the person that I watch some of this content with; basically
asked me; what is going on? The problem here is or the problems are; there are
some sections of this film that I really elongated, so as it relates to the
framework; you will experience just long scenes/sequences were you will feel
there are things going on, but accompanied with this weird silence; I quick
side note at some points we get storyteller or a Clouseau
breaking-the-fourth-wall or/and for Chief Inspector Dreyfus or other a bit of
comedy [in a restaurant,] but I digress; which coinciding in this is the pacing
reflects that also be it separately or together; so has found that this nicely
when everything is in sync it is good, but when it isn't; it makes this film
really hard work to watch and it goes on for 113 minutes which on watching this
film it feels slightly longer than that and I will be discussing this component
again at some points, as it really impacts this title on various levels.
Comedy,
action and art; I can't tell too much about this skit; Police Officer gets into
this somewhat difficult conversation with his individual playing his instrument
on the street for money with a monkey; basically he enquires to have you got a
licence to do that on the street? The man said no, it escalates to the point
where the man has no control over the monkey as they lived together and this
man is actually blind [meanwhile there are things happening in this building
behind this conversation in this scene which Clouseau misses until it is too
late,] strangely enough this is not the only animal Clouseau has problems with
in this film as much later on we have one of the flying variety, Clouseau vs.
Fong is always a good source of fun as they now and again in this instalment go
head-to-head and it has to be said the slow motion effects are strangely they
really high-quality as they really show care and detail of when these effects
are used; it really does put the late 90s, 2000 and early 2010s usage of slow
motion effects to shame really as these decades just used this effect to death
and of a very low quality, in this point in history as I said, they really took
time and effort to use the special effect properly and consequently the outcome
is much of a better quality even though it is much older and the art; such as
set designs, wardrobe and accessories; such as for this one locations; we are
in this disco; it is a vibrant and I pointed out that Clouseau looked like one
of The Beatles; the person that I watch some of this content with; said Ringo
Starr; so I will go with that assessment.
Character
developments and performances; the returning characters in the plot section of
this content have been nicely progressed and really beginning to find their
feet in particular Inspector Clouseau as they have all returned; these
performances in particular are an asset to this title in a big way; to be a
little bit more specific Sellers; but in a masterclass of just trying to keep
everything going; being highly highly skilled and fluent performer that he is;
in a nutshell making being clumsy and clueless from time to time seem fluently
natural and effortlessly, don't get me wrong the rest of the cast did a solid
job; but this title really needed a driving force behind it and the returning
characters, yet again predominately Sellers did that with seemingly I hasten to
add very little effort.
This film receives: 5/10, is mixed; it was somewhat difficult to mark this project on its
clearly long-term issues which I have already discussed, but at the same time I
needed to work out that mark that would reflect Sellers or predominantly
Sellers hard work [because all the names I have mentioned in the opening
section contribute something positive,] but predominantly it down to Sellers
hard work, grit and determination to essentially put this film on his back and
carry it, because without him this film would have absolutely collapsed and any
awards he got accredited he truly did earn them and there is an ongoing
sequence in the closing credits; this film also has some awards accredited to
its name; such as 2 Winners Evening Standard British Film Awards 1977 Evening
Standard British Film Award Best Comedy Blake Edwards and Best Actor Peter
Sellers and 5 Nominees which includes but not limited to Grammy Awards 1976
Grammy Album of Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or a
Television Special Henry Mancini and Writers Guild of America, USA WGA Award
(Screen) Best Comedy Written Directly for the Screen Frank Waldman Blake
Edwards
No comments:
Post a Comment