Monday 17 June 2024

Recommendation of: WWE Backlash France 2024 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Backlash France 2024 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Softer adult language warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects at some time I will be using adult softer/censored adult language.

Randy Orton & Kevin Owens vs. The Bloodline: Solo Sikoa & Tama Tonga [with Paul Heyman;] Tag Team Match: the crowd get put over on commentary as they are an extremely lively audience so obviously I give high praise for this, but however what I don't give high praise for is the chants of "We want Roman," this is just another example of the WWE Universe being fickle, because only a little time ago as in a few months ago it was "We want Cody." The reason why I am taking things this way is simply this; I know I'm not the only one, but I was one of those ones that was receiving abuse of some description because I wasn't on board with the "We want Cody" movement and to make sure that I don't come across as petty, I have come to understand that this is a part of wrestling, but all I am saying is; it is a little bit rich to have this chant so soon after the WWE have given them what they want.

Randy Orton & Kevin Owens vs. The Bloodline: Solo Sikoa & Tama Tonga [with Paul Heyman;] Tag Team Match: there is a bit of getting mixed up on commentary with wrestlers names or/and getting mixed up with recap but it being live at correcting themselves, New Japan Pro-Wrestling or/and Bullet Club getting referenced on commentary as well. Well for the match itself; it was a banger to begin this pay-per-view; the only problem is how do you follow this match slot? This match/match slot receives: 9/10.

Naomi vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Champ Bayley; Triple Threat Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: to begin with it feels and looks like very formulaic including calling spots, then we have for some reason Cole calling a senton when it is a fireman carry roll through [the one in control rolls through without letting go of the individual on their shoulders; it is commonly used for set up move for the one in control] and then for some reason we have this double team which Cole calls a neck breaker, but it so isn't as it gets referenced on commentary it is a 1D. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

Jey Uso vs. Champ The Judgement Day's Damian Priest [with Finn Bálor & JD McDonagh;] Singles Match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship: now I want to get something off my chest here; why the hell has Jey got the entrance he has? You can stop that shish kebab right fudgin' now! Unless he has the blessing of the Rotunda family which obviously I am not aware of, but this entrance can kiss my posterior preferably just after I have had to dump. Now allow me to fix this problem, you could sell wristbands that glow white and providing you have a pair of you could happily doing do his entrance thing, that is absolutely fine with me, but as things are I have a 3:16 salute to this entrance and yes I will be taking a mark of every time I see it and just to make sure I am being reasonable I have deliberately gone back to analyse how they are making this effect; it is based on my viewing experience the same way that the fire-flies would be generated.

Graves says Jimmy instead of Jey, but he corrects himself. I mean for my next point, I get it, but still why as in why is Jey now using a spear as a usual move, I mean I know this family is a cornerstone of wrestling, but I am sure they would know that the more attempts of a move being used more basically it is watered-down and the only reason this match slot gets what it gets is because of the continuous lively nature of the audience. This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill vs. Champs Damage CTRL: The Kabuki Warriors: Asuka & Kairi Sane [with Dakota Kai:] Tag Team Match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships: Cole makes a blooper doing the advertising, but corrects himself. Okay I find this incredibly annoying why are the tag team champions dancing to Belair's entrance music? It completely devalues the intense vibe atmosphere that should be between contenders vs. champions. Belair I think goes for like a hip toss reversal, but it doesn't come with that well in fact Asuka gets dumped on the mat, then shortly Graves tries to predict Belair going for a stooling suplex but it is just normal version on Asuka. Sting gets referenced on commentary, Sane does a running version of sliced bread [that is what it looks like or a scorpion death drop] even though Graves calls it a backbreaker which it isn't, immediately after that Sane goes in for the pin, but the problem is she is not legally in the match, the referee [Dan Engler] informs her of this yet she still goes in for a submission. On top of this we have Graves burying Sane on commentary, then we have Cole trying to paint over the cracks, by indicating that they are facing, they may want to get a quick pin and basically confused the referee, that is what Cole was going with here. Graves then praises Sane for making herself legal again, I think with taking everything into consideration. This match/match slot receives: 6/10.

AJ Styles vs. Champ Cody Rhodes; Singles Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship: the NWA [National Wrestling Alliance] gets referenced on commentary and the referee Jessica Carr is the first woman to referee a main event for the WWE Championship which on one hand is excellent news, but on the other hand this shows how far this wrestling promotion is behind that it takes some until 2024 to make this happen and then we get a Bullet Club reference, which it didn't take Cole long in this match/match slot to make this reference like almost 5 seconds into it. This super suplex version attempt does not exactly go according to plan in fact it crumbles, but I hasten to add it does have that element of match outlay turning point presentation. Cody delivers a super Cody Cutter starting from the entrance ramp faraway turnbuckle; that doesn't look as fluent as it usually does on contact. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 8/10,there was no mention of Star Wars day, which is disappointing as it is on the same day as this event May 4, but I had to award an extra mark based on the non-stop crowd reactions and not forgetting which it would be incredibly hard to get the loudness of them of them

 

No comments:

Post a Comment