Thursday 18 April 2024

AEW: Tony Khan don't be petty with putting Moné over Cargill by AverageMansReviews

AEW: Tony Khan don't be petty with putting Moné over Cargill by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Speculation: I will probably be using censored/softer adult language references and this entire content is based on a theory/speculation, that I hope I am wrong and don't need to reference this again at some point in the future [what I am referencing will become clear, but I have chosen to do it now,  so it covers me for making reference to it later when it or if it happens, but I want to make this crystal clear I hope I am wrong.]

Don't do it Tony Khan; justifiable backlash you would receive wouldn't be worth it: I like him and his promotion, but I am getting tired of the back and forth between these two promotions and for those that get you going angry I will highlight this again; I did say back and forth which implies both ways so it isn't just AEW or it just isn't WWE it is both parties; so don't give me shish kebab. But back onto the subject matter, which we are here to discuss.

Now ever since this got announced, my head has been thinking "Tony Khan wouldn't knowingly put himself in potentially hot water to receive justifiably heavy criticism? No, he wouldn't be that naive or I am just going to call it as it is stupid and petty."

Just for the record if this turns out how I think it is going to go I feel incredibly comfortable calling him these things, because he would be clearly asking for trouble. So it was announced on Wednesday 03/04/2024 AEW: Dynamite Mercedes Moné would challenge the winner of Willow Nightingale vs. the AEW TBS Champion Julia Hart [their match is at AEW Dynasties Sunday 21/04/2024] at AEW Double or Nothing [Sunday 26/05/2024.]

So everyone with me so far? So I am thinking not only is Moné going to win the AEW TBS Championship she is going to have the longest reign which as of this content is held by WWE's Jade Cargill 508 days, so what I am suggesting is a very WWE style of dealing with things of replacing Moné as long reign. Even though I have said it would be petty after this year's Mania, I get it from this perspective especially in this case Cargill I am paraphrasing here; came out and said in a interview that she just didn't have time to grow with AEW as they were still figuring things out and she needed to be with basically the WWE as they are completely different, even though I have stated I am paraphrasing, I know I am in the right ballpark at the very least.

I mean she literally used AEW as a stepping stone and yes I know this kind of thing happens within the wrestling industry and I get it, I understand it. But let's talk about things now shall we; AEW protected her as much as possible in every way shape or form to the point where when she got to the WWE we didn't see her for a long time, followed by whenever we do see her nowadays she is either doing the same, but so much worse than what she was doing in AEW to begin with or/and looking like she can't wrestle, at some point she will have to stop believing her own hype, I mean regardless of gender as long as you can back it up people will tolerate Cargill or/and in fairness and balance this goes for Moné as well, I know I have said this at one point or another, generally speaking I am not too keen on wrestlers overly wrestling excessively, but TK has brought in Moné and minus some little confrontations and so on and so forth, I know she was and has been injured for some time, but having said that if she doesn't have a match before AEW Double or Nothing which, because I am a cynical old goat I can see quite easily happening, but I would like to be wrong [Additional; which I have just heard her promo from AEW Dynamite Wednesday 18/04/2024 where she makes reference to her health and it basically indicates that if you read between the lines she won't be wrestling until this pay-per-view; but back to our regularly scheduled programming] then questions will be asked; like what is the point of bringing her in? When she can't give an outstanding promo, it is very rare she gives a solidly good one which she did on the show I have just referenced/and sit down segment and on top of that she hardly wrestles and/or she isn't really any needle punisher.

So just to finish off; if any of this becomes reality it just isn't a good look for AEW, when I can't be the only one thinking even as someone that likes AEW it would be nice for let's just start off just for a couple of weeks keeping the negativity down to a minimum at best, I know there will always be some form of negativity from somewhere, but at the very least let's try not to feed it and be so petty TK; it feels right I should finish off by saying I know deep down he is going to probably do this, I just hope he gets better dealing with the criticism and in this case he would deserve it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment