Friday 8 September 2023

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE WrestleMania IX 04/04/1993 Match 7 Part 7 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE WrestleMania IX 04/04/1993 Match 7 Part 7 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Warning: there is flashing effects/some light/drugs/there is a racial comment in an interview after this match/match slot at some point/showing of eye damage.

Match/Stipulation: Giant Gonzalez [with Harvey Wippleman] vs. The Undertaker [with Paul Bearer & people assisting with entrance;] Singles Match

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 1/10

Match Slot Storyline: 3/10

Crowd Participation: 7/10

On Commentary: "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jim Ross & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan/" Wiesel" 6/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 1/10

Recommend Watch: 3/10

Match Total: 21/60 - this match/match slot is poor

Comments: I wish they put on the dark match/match slot instead; Tito Santana vs. Papa Shango. Now obviously before someone points this out, because this is a dark match/match slot meaning for those that don't know this match/match slot is just for those in live attendance, so I don't know how this match/match slot went as in the match itself. But my point being it had to be better than this match/match slot here, it wouldn't have actually taken much that of a low quality this match slot is in its entirety. I mean this dark match/match slot goes on for 8 minutes whilst this match/match slot goes on for 7 minutes and 33 seconds so as you can see they are roughly of similar length but this match slot would have probably taken longer just for The Undertaker [with Paul Bearer] entrance. I mean why did they bother talking this match when they had clearly no idea how to execute it probably; in a nutshell because I really don't want to spend too much time on this shower of garbage roughly; we have the usage of chloroform [yes I did just say chloroform,] a stretcher and referees, officials and other personnel breaking up these two wrestlers and finally throughout this entire situation we have the commentary team talking about the ongoing and rapidly changing situation.

Basic Result: based on where we are with this pay-per-view we all know the result basically The Undertaker [with Paul Bearer] picks up the win

Basic walk-through of this event:

* "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jim Ross & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan/"Wiesel": Commentary talk about what they have just seen over live goings-on including The Undertaker's theme music "The Funeral March" [because this is The Undertaker I will also put the year to cover my back 1991-1993 and whilst I am here I don't like how his music has been cut off even though he is just with Bearer just gotten out of the ring. They also have do once again cover my back by saying hopefully and I have no way of proving this it was just cut off to us as we had to go somewhere else and not from the crowd, but then again I do get that kind of feeling that they are running out of time to fit everything in this pay-per-view.

Warning: racial word here at some point/showing of eye damage * "Mean" Gene Okerlund: Interviewer in short is on his own on-screen to build up the next match our main event Yokozuna [with Mr. Fuji] vs. the WWF Champion Brett "The Hitman" Hart; Singles Match for the WWF Championship; with replay of footage to complement the contender Yokozuna [with Mr. Fuji,]  this promotion of this main event and then he is joined by coming into the short/on-screen Hulk Hogan where he discussed; just leaving the champion' dressing room, what happened earlier in his match, shares his opinion and puts out a challenge to whomever wins that he is next in line and this is where he says the racial word he says the shorter version of Japanese, I know as it relates to sporting events it is okay to write it down for an abbreviation but not to actually say it and just for the record I am not picking on Hogan for it his future history or nowadays past reference. But for myself I would like to very much not get cancelled for not highlighting this so I am very much covering my back here and nothing else, I know the world was a different place back then because I actually lived it, I am not being woke here either as I have already just highlighted I am doing this simply to protect my own back in this modern world.

* Todd Pettengill: Interviewer interviews the crowd

* "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jim Ross & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan/"Wiesel": Commentary on-screen building up/talking about what just about to take place

* Finkus Maximus: Ring announcer the stipulations and then introduces the competitors

 * "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jim Ross & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan/"Wiesel": Commentary They discuss what happened again at this branch earlier in the day in for Mania and at some point Heenan makes a reference in a nutshell the Hart family being part of a litter which the other two quickly squash this comment [obviously I should just point out yes I know Heenan is meant to be a heel, I'm going to cut him some slack here because I don't know if he is being fed this line over his head said or if it was him saying it.]

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment